PDA

View Full Version : Feeling scared.

StarDust12
03-27-2013, 08:16 PM
I have a bad cold which is making me very nervous and scared. My coughing seemed to start calming down until I ate some strawberries. Now, I feel really scared that am having an allergic reaction. I took a claritin just in case. Years ago i had a very bad reaction to strawberries but on the bright side i had a whole lot more symptoms than coughing.

I have a very high need for reassurance from others and I am working on being able to provide the reassurance myself. I want someone to tell me i am not going to die. I am going to tell myself this.

My anxiety/panic attacks can come out of the blue over some seemingly small thing. I never know when an attack will happen. I could be relaxing at home and then boom!!! I get a full blown anxiety attack. Can anyone relate to that and if so how do you get yourself to calm down?

Lin
03-28-2013, 09:00 AM
I get panic attacks, but more outside than in. I have started to learn meditation and that is really good because it slows your breathing down. I also have essential oils either in a burner or on a tissue which help calm me down.