PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Muriel30
03-27-2013, 05:50 PM
My name is Muriel. I am so happy to have come across a forum, which would allow me to connect with other people, who have anxiety issues. I have been struggling with Panic Disorder for about two years, and have been going off and on to doctors, trying to take depression meds, but I can't handle the side effects, so I usually take clonzaphem before an attack arises to calm the symptoms, but of course, that's simply a temporary fix. Sadly, my panic disorder has gotten worse, and it seems like I have developed agoraphobia. Now, it's difficult for me to leave my house without having and attack. I feel so sad. I don't want to be this way. I would be able to get through the attacks if they didn't cause me to get nauseous and throw up. I just do t understand why this ha happened, why did the agoraphobia come? I am against taking supplements or prescriptions meds because they cause digestive distress. I just don't know how I will get over this. I would appreciate any advice you all may have.

NixonRulz
03-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Muriel welcome aboard

Thats horrible that you throw up

I have about 18 years more experience with all these fun anxiety issues

Are you sure the side effects you get are not just you being anxious and feel like they are causing the feelings?

Agoraphobia happens often to people gecause they have a sense of security in their home, which is false by the way.

Anxiety doesnt care where you are

Dont spend too much time looking for why it happened right now

First order of business is to get your mind healed a bit so you can look at this disorder through logical eyes and not fearful eyes

This was going to come at some point no matter what you did..You are wired like everyone on here, just very sensitive to the way you react to stress

The more you fear and fight panic, the worse it gets, I am making the assumption that is what you are doing and it gets worse.

Distracting yourself and positive thoughts to replace anxious thoughts may allow you to live and somehow cope with anxiety

Realizing that anxiety is harmless and will cause no danger is the key.. Easy to believe unless you are really anxious

anxietycoach.com is a free great website that will change your current approach to healing

This is one of a few sites that gets you to change your attitude and strategy with dealing and beating this

Muriel30
03-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks so much for responding to my post Nixon. I really appreciate your feedback. You are right. I have been trying to run from my fear and the disorder has gotten worse. It seems like eventually I will have to face this. I just know that each time I go far away from my home, I will get anxious. I guess I gotta keep going through this until it disappears. Hiding doesnt do anything. You are right. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to go outside and run some errands. It's going to be hard, but its harder sitting here in this house, hoping a miracle will happen.

NixonRulz
03-28-2013, 02:27 PM
When you go out and start feeling the panic coming, let it come. If will pass regardless of what you do. I would do something and as I felt the adrenaline rush I would tell myself I could leave whenever I want but would like to stay 5 more minutes. No pressure at all. Just kept saying 5 more minutes every time the first five would end. Let the panic leave first

alankay
03-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Muriel, have you had any psychotherapy to see if a cause can be found for your anxiety? There's not always a cause but it should be investigated. Sometimes there is a buried cause and addressing it can reduce anxiety. I wish that were always true.though:) Alankay