PDA

View Full Version : Neck and head Tension

smoore
03-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Does anyone get this? If so what does it feel like?? I can't stop thinking that I have a bleed inside my head..yep true story! :d

Jay1985
03-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Yes always get this, muscles feel tight in neck , sensations in head etc

NixonRulz
03-27-2013, 06:12 PM
I was the king of head and neck tension. So it seems you have my old job

Totally an anxiety symptom

smoore
03-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Does it feel like every muscle is contracting in your neck throat and head!! I literally feel like I could fall down in a seizure it's so much pressure

albgirl82
03-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Im having physical therapy for my neck, thats how bad it hurts. As far as headaches..propranalolol works for anxiety and headaches..ask your doctor for it

smoore
03-27-2013, 06:49 PM
But it's not a pain it's a pulling pressure feeling..

alfred24
03-27-2013, 06:55 PM
But it's not a pain it's a pulling pressure feeling..

Yea it's your muscles. No bleeding. You might e tensing your neck or shoulders without knowing it because you might be stressed from anxiety. My head and neck was tense the other day. No pain, just felt like a tightness. It was scaring me too. I drank some valerian root tea and went to sleep. Although when I woke up the next day the feelings kind of came back. But then went away during the rest of the day. You might want to take a magnesium supplement. It can calm anxiety and reduce the tingling

a l i c i a
03-27-2013, 08:49 PM
You probably have a tension migraine. I'm a licensed massage therapist and I also suffer from horrible migraines. In school we learned about different kinds of headaches and if it feels like a pressure around your head than its probably a tension headache. I get them all the time. It goes all the way down my neck and back. They are horrible and for me, they last for weeks. I would definitely suggest getting a massage. They really do help for a number of different things! I hope you feel better!

smoore
03-27-2013, 09:31 PM
Thank you Alicia. I will try that :)

a l i c i a
03-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Thank you Alicia. I will try that :)

Your welcome! :)

Lin
03-28-2013, 08:57 AM
The only time I get a migraine is if I have had caffeine or if I have a stiff neck. Stiff necks and shoulders cause lots of pain. If you have the courage to go for one, a back or head and shoulders massage really helps.

Brittany1995
03-30-2013, 12:19 AM
I get like weird pressure/ sensation feelings in my neck and mostly right side of head, every night. I'm having a terrible time trying to convince myself that it's just anxiety, and not an actual brain problem:/ only happens at night, I think its because I have a mega fear of dying in my sleep.its weird and scary.