PDA

View Full Version : Strange chilling feeling

alfred24
03-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Do you guys get this feeling that resembles a chilling sensation coming over your whole body? Like something just got pumped through your body and makes you feel an impulse of some kind?

Kalita
03-27-2013, 04:52 PM
YES!! I hate it. I had that at 3am this morning. I was sleeping when my toddler woke me. Once I got him settled I went to bed and straight away had that chill feeling all over me. Especially face. After that I panicked. Started to shake, felt nauseous & wanted to curl up into a ball and cry!! I thought maybe my blood sugar was low, but nope. It was fine. So that just made me panic more. I hate not know what EXACTLY causes these symptoms. :'(

smoore
03-27-2013, 04:52 PM
I get that sometimes. It's like an electric shock or something. Is that what you feel?

onebreathatatime
03-27-2013, 06:22 PM
I feel that and normally my arms and legs get it the worst.... I always tell myself it's the adrenaline coursing through me. Not a nice feeling but one I don't feel in control of when it occurs.

alfred24
03-27-2013, 06:28 PM
I get that sometimes. It's like an electric shock or something. Is that what you feel?

Hey smoore are you talking about a strong jolt that happens quickly and kind of vibrates through but is gone as quick as it hit? If so I get that too. I got that today, that one scares me most because its only happened twice and doesn't feel comfortable at all

alfred24
03-27-2013, 06:29 PM
YES!! I hate it. I had that at 3am this morning. I was sleeping when my toddler woke me. Once I got him settled I went to bed and straight away had that chill feeling all over me. Especially face. After that I panicked. Started to shake, felt nauseous & wanted to curl up into a ball and cry!! I thought maybe my blood sugar was low, but nope. It was fine. So that just made me panic more. I hate not know what EXACTLY causes these symptoms. :'(

Yea it feels like a cold chill except I don't feel cold. I wish anxiety was easier to fix

smoore
03-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. Scary feeling!!

alfred24
03-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. Scary feeling!!

Yea it sucks. Have you tried looking it up? Or know anything about them?

smoore
03-27-2013, 09:34 PM
I honestly haven't looked them up. I told my dr about them and she told me that it's another horrible symptom of anxiety!

alfred24
03-27-2013, 09:43 PM
I honestly haven't looked them up. I told my dr about them and she told me that it's another horrible symptom of anxiety!

Mm. Yea I have a dr. Appointment in 3 weeks, I'll mention it to him. I really hope you start to get better. Well I hope we all do. Anxiety is the most treatable disorder of the mind I've heard. My dad had it when he was my age. And he doesn't have it nor has he since. Try to be strong. Eat healthy. We'll get over this

smoore
03-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Yes please mention it. I would like to know what they say :). I hope you start feeling better soon. Do you take any medicine for anxiety?

alfred24
03-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Yes please mention it. I would like to know what they say :). I hope you start feeling better soon. Do you take any medicine for anxiety?

Yea I'll definitely update you in how it goes. I'm not feeling so well right now :/ but I'm trying. And no I don't. I am treating it with natural medicine such as St. John's wort and valerian root, magnesium and sometimes b complex. Although, sometimes I stop taking them because I feel better after a couple days and I really shouldn't stop taking them. I was prescribed Xanax at the beginning of my anxiety but I took then for a very short period of time because I'm scared of those drugs. Thanks I hope I start feeling better soon also

kbuzz1
03-28-2013, 07:25 AM
I'm on the Magnesium and B complex too and I definitely feel better. I think Xanax and anything that will give you a 'high' feeling is bad news. Too easy to get addicted. On the other side of the medication table are the ssri's that have horrible withdrawal. Pick your poison, I guess.

Oh, and to answer the original question, I get the chills too. I get them whenever I have a rush of emotion, like my brain doesn't know how to handle the emotions at all.

alfred24
03-28-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm on the Magnesium and B complex too and I definitely feel better. I think Xanax and anything that will give you a 'high' feeling is bad news. Too easy to get addicted. On the other side of the medication table are the ssri's that have horrible withdrawal. Pick your poison, I guess.

Oh, and to answer the original question, I get the chills too. I get them whenever I have a rush of emotion, like my brain doesn't know how to handle the emotions at all.

Just curious man, what is the dosing of the b complex you're taking?