PDA

View Full Version : Hi all new here and my story, please read

Jay1983
03-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi all, I will try my best to keep this as short and to the point as I can, sorry if it goes on a bit long! i would really appreciate it if you could read it :-)

I am a Male and my age is 29.

Just before christmas 2012 I started to get a pain right at the base of my spine (I believed at the time it was just from sitting on the uncomfortable seats at work!!) so basically ignored it untill jan this year when pain got worse and started to get into my buttocks, I then did what many people did and googled!!! Anal cancer was thrown in my face and so I started to believe I had this freaked out and got an emergency doctors appointment... doctor checked around the base of my spine and it was slightly swollen... he believed I had an infection in the soft tissue around my coccyx... he also asked if i'd felt any pains in my legs to which I replied no.... feeling a bit more relieved I picked up my anti-biotics and went home... the next day I start getting weird feelings in my legs especially my thighs.. over the next couple of days these weird feelings start feeling like pains again I freak out and google... somehow prostate cancer comes up so I read up on it.... you've guessed it I now fear I have prostate cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!! I book another appointment with a different doctor......

I go in and see the new doctor, explain that i'd seen the previous doctor what he believes is wrong and then update with the new pains, thighs, groin, just below testicles... as well as the previous pains coccyx and buttocks. she has a look around and doesn't believe I have an infection but that I have something called coccodynia (sorry about spelling!!) something that is caused by a fall or sometimes by repeatedly sitting in unsuitable seating!! feeling more relieved off home I go.

After the initial relieved and happy feeling, that feeling starts to turn to fear as the pains don't go and infact the pains around my testicles, buttocks and thighs just seem to get worse and more constant. So yeah I freak out again book to see doctors again... I see the first doctor again and get him up to date.... he takes a look and says everything looks fine and that he isn't worried and nore should I be (easier said than done!!)

A week goes by me stressing but trying to keep it under control... I then notice that I seem to be Urinating a lot more than normal.... hmmm ok I think give it a few days it may get better... after a weekend where things seemed to have improved I go into work monday feeling slightly optimistic...well that doesnt last long as my bladder goes into overdrive! so much so that i am constantly feeling like I need a wee... I wee and 2 seconds later I feel like I need to go again I go back and the feeling seems to go away as I get to the toilet and then I'm desperate again as soon as I get to my desk...I remember reading about urination problems with prostate cancer... I totally freak pins and needles down my legs pains in my groin and thigh go mad... i'm boiling hot cn't concentrate just need to get home asap.

I get home and try to calm down try to think logical its just a bug or something, I don't want to go to doctors again.....Comes to 7 and i'm so worked up I need see someone now, my GP surgery is shut so I go to local hospital... i'm asked to give a urine sample I really have to force some urine out and hand it to the nurse... she tlls me there is no doctor in the hospital tonight and that I will need to go to another local doctors thats about 5 miles away...she lets me know that she's phoned a head and that they know i'm coming... by this point i'm totally out of my head with worry how will I tell my family I have cancer what will my little girl do without me will she remember me... will her mum let my family remain in contact with her.

I arrive at the hospital and have to wait bout 40 mins (what a horrible wait that was!) I go in and explain to the on call doctor what is wrong he decideds to give me an internal anal exam (absolutely horrible) he was quite physical it was hard to tell if the pain was just from him or from area's he touched. In the end it felt more tense to me in 1 area so I told him when... and he said that was my coccyx area. I asked him if he thought that my stress and anxiety had caused the bladder problems... to which he replied no I doubt it. so more anti biotics hurray!!! I also had to ask him about my urine sample which he told me came back all clear.

I get home and i'm feeling like crap again not believing that the doctors are taking me serious, arrange another appointment with the second doctor I saw (sorry if this is getting confusing!) as she was very polite and listened to what I had to say. the appointment was for a thursday...in I go and tell her absolutely everything including the prostate cancer fears, she says to me very politely if you were a 70+ year old man I would be worried, you've been checked over by 3 different doctors and they haven't found anything... she asked if i'd been feeling anxious to which I replied yes very... she handed me a piece of paper with some questions and some numbers to circle she tells me it is for depression but that it works well with anxiety... I fill it in and get a pretty high score... she tlls me that the coccodynia is real but that the rest is due to my anxiety... she asks me if i'd like her to check my prostate to ease my mind I say yes and she checks and tells me it is perfectly smooth no pain no lumps or bumbs... feelin really happy I thank her (brilliant lovely doctor who actually listen to me!!) she arranges to see me the following monday to see how im getting on....

so over the weekend feeling much less anxious toilet problems not as bad I really feel happy hurray... sunday comes and I start to feel the need for toilet more sometimes able to go sometimes not I start getting anxious again...luckily i'm seeing doctor monday.

go in monday morning and talk about my weekend saying that I can't cope like this anymore i'm not eating i've lost loads of weight! she asks if I would like some medication to which I reply yes (sertraline 50mg she explains things may get worse to start with and will take atleast 2 weeks to kick in)... she talks to me about anxiety and reassures me before I leave... my friend calls and asks if I fancy going cinema after work, yeah I think i'm gunna get on with my life now! work going ok bladder really good.... too good I start thinking why havent I needed to go to toilet yet?? I start to worry about that now arghhhh how stupid, I go to the toilet and can't go!!!!!! I try force some out and eventually go.... go back to my desk and I am absolutely busting to go toilet again I go back nothing leave it 30 mins try again nothing... I freak out again it's almost time to go to cinema I can't cancel now... I go to cinema and what a horrible time it was a long film and the whole time feleing terrible needing the toilet terrible pain under my testicles and down my right groin....pins and needles all down my right leg just cant concentrate on film...

get back home and call my sister and ask if its cool to pop round hers tomorrow (shes on maturnity leave) and explain... call work say i wont be in. Go round sisters and basically end up staying there for 2 weeks, felt so much more relaxed there and the tablets finally start to kick in... the urination is going back to normal the pains are getting less and less frequent every day!!! i'm starting to almost be myself again!!

I go back to work they have been brilliant I start back doing half days... things going great do a whole week no problems. the following monday I go in and need the toilet (poo sorry!!) I go and I don't know why I look down and to my horror I see red streaks in some of my stools... not loads just fresh lines of red blood none on toilet paper from wipping or in the bowl just actually on the outside of the poo. Trying to stay calm I remind myself It was a bit of a strain and hurt a tad as it came out maybe it ripped a little.... I can't stay calm I panic have to leave work call for a doctors appointment nd go see my sister, she tries to calm me and tell me that its proberly nothing... I again google and get bowel cancer...freak even more!!! I go see doctor he tells me that no blood on paper or bowl is a good sign and that i proberly have a tare... he examine me and yes there is a tear in my anus. He weighs me and checks my height I am thin but healthy.

continue post 2

Jay1983
03-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Again i'm more calm but anxiety I can feel it bubbling away in the back ground just waiting... a couple of days pass and I can feel my stomach getting weird hard to explain, over the next few days it starts feeling worse and more offen, before long its all day long as long as i'm awake (when I wake up I dont feel any discomfort but then within a couple of minutes it starts again) I then on a saturday morning have a real urge to go toilet so I go and my stool is just so watery and then again 30 mins later same I freak out again I definetley have bowel cancer.... as the day goes on I start to calm a little and even manage a solid stool this calms me down quite alot but the weird stomach continues but not quite as much the next few days pass and I feel anxious about going to toilet infact I force myself to poo just so I can see if its solid or not to reassure me... they r solid but as well as weird feelings in my stomach I now have pains from pushing to much! then on thursday while at work again I have a tiny watery stool again... freak out again then go home... nothing more that day stomach very strange. that was last thursday and I've not had any watery stools since then but my stomach is still weird not really painfull just a bit upset? feel bloated alot very nervous stomach very gassy and im belching a lot more.

I am now so worried about going to the toilet! what if its watery or loose again!!! I have an appointment to see the female doctor again (the decent one) but its not till 11th april. I really think I need to up my medication or something as my stomach is so much better when i'm more relaxed .... stupid things set me off and they get out of control I hate this so so much!!!

Thank you James!

Sorry about how long this is I really hope to get some replies x

sunnysalient
03-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Hello! I had almost the same thing as you happen and even the cycle of worry, too. While prostrate cancer wasn't one of my fears, colon and stomach cancer were; I kept focusing on my symptoms (lump in throat/bloating/alternate constipation and absolutely watery diarrhea sometimes in the same day) and it affected all facets of my life to the point where I stopped eating and lost 15 pounds, which scared me more...!

Don't worry, you're not the only one whose body acts up!

SussexDunc
03-25-2013, 05:25 PM
Blimey, there's a lot of quite detailed information there :)

Fair play for letting the Doctor stick his finger where no man's finger should ever go - I bottled it the one and only time I've had the opportunity. Eventually had an endoscopy (which isn't a particularly unpleasant experience it should be said, as you're out cold - well I was, but then 100mg of paracetomol wipes me out) to prove I didn't have cancer of the insides.

The primary thing I've learnt over the years is not to self-diagnose using the internet, especially when you have anxiety. Despite all the horror stories you hear, the NHS generally works, and generally gets it right. There's a lot of gubbins in and around your pelvis, and swelling/inflammation putting pressure on the prostate gland can cause all manner of strange things. Anxiety doesn't help, as you'll be producing a lot of adrenaline and cortisol, and the flight/fight reaction of a panic attack tends to trigger a bowel movement anyway as empty bowels and stomach means more blood available for core muscles required for running/fighting whatever threat your brain has perceived.

I've also learned over my years of battling anxiety, that the brain is incredibly good at fixating on things which most people wouldn't even register, much less worry about. For example, when you have anxiety, you can end up holding in wind and convincing it's something much much worse and getting into a cycle of tension and stress - thereby aggravating the wind - where most people would just let one go, relieving the pressure, and get on with things.

So, suggest you try else something to focus on, as you seem quite capable of fixing your attention on things. None of the below is particularly strenuous, just basic common sense type stuff, but use the energy you're devoting to worrying about yourself in a more positive way;

What do you do to unwind/relax? Go and kick a ball about, hit things with a hammer, polish the car, anything, just rid yourself of some energy.
Do you cycle? (your symptoms are very similar to what serious long distance cyclists sometimes get)
If the chair at work is thought to be the cause, are you exercising or stretching to compensate? Yoga is very good as a gentle way of realigning your back, pelvis, and hips.
How's the diet, getting enough fibre, iron, magnesium? How's the caffeine and sugar intake?

If in the unlikely event you do have something wrong, then the medical lot will find it, and sort you out no problem. But you can help yourself in the interim by taking a chance to review your lifestyle and making some positive changes - either way it'll be a benefit to you.

TomStyx
03-25-2013, 05:48 PM
I have read all your story and can honestly relate. I found a lump on my testical (epidurmal infact) & ever since then I have had EVERYTHING. I can't even get a spot on my face which will set off (somehow) the chances of contracting a tropical infection/illness.

Read up about symtasis (something like that) it explains how the brain is so overwhelmed with thoughts of health problems that the only way it can distribute and carry on making you think of these mad thoughts and unrealistic scenarios (I know exactly what you've that, we'll keep that secret) random cramps/stiffness, weird dull pulses which you consciously aware of? Yeah me too... All in the region's associated with the trigger of HA. I have somehow come to notice that I get a dull ache/cramp in any region of my body, just after I think about it just for a SPLIT second!

You know what reeeaaalllyyy, personally helps me..? Bananas. Serotonin admitting foods which really do help my suppressing health thoughts. I've had this since New Years day & had, since then, about 8-10 really good days... Then just like you I'll realise "hey bro, haven't felt like shit recently have ya'? Here's some weird ass symptoms!"

Just a warning, from past experience (I haven't had any medication, dramatically improved my.diet... Also a safety mechanism called 'single safety behavior') or something like that, that's something you CAN Google! It gets worse before it gets better. What I'm really interested in hearing from you, apart from your progress ofcourse! Is if you experience any 'depersonalisation'

You'll pull through!

Walking Circles
03-25-2013, 07:23 PM
I have been troubled by IBS most of my life and can understand how symptoms in that region can be frightening. Blood on stool is common and is in my experience nothing to be concerned about, I would be more worried if things begin to look like tar from a cigarette, and you would be surprised at how a little bit of blood can look like far more than it is. TomStyx out of curiosity when you say symtasis do you mean somatization? I ask because what you describe sounds like what I do.

Jay1983
03-26-2013, 11:04 AM
First of all thanks so much for the replies they really do help :-)

Just add a few more symptoms I have

dry mouth all the time, especially my lips. (maybe from medication)
very little concentration
sometimes dizzy
stomach muscles always tense
sometimes get pains in my ribs
very tired most of the day proberly from my lack of sleep I wake up alot 3-6 times a night find it hard to go sleep and get back to sleep.

Hello! I had almost the same thing as you happen and even the cycle of worry, too. While prostrate cancer wasn't one of my fears, colon and stomach cancer were; I kept focusing on my symptoms (lump in throat/bloating/alternate constipation and absolutely watery diarrhea sometimes in the same day) and it affected all facets of my life to the point where I stopped eating and lost 15 pounds, which scared me more...!

Don't worry, you're not the only one whose body acts up!

Hi yeah I lost a lot of weight to start with then started to put some back on and then the second scare I lost only a bit this time and I've managed to keep almost a constant weight (depends on time of day!), but now i'm getting obsessed with weighing myself and really worry about lossing weight!! need to stop doing this!

Just freak out thinking I've got Diarrhea, I've got bowel cancer... then I think surely if I that I'd have it daily and more than once a day. but I can never convince myself to believe it.

Blimey, there's a lot of quite detailed information there :)

Fair play for letting the Doctor stick his finger where no man's finger should ever go - I bottled it the one and only time I've had the opportunity. Eventually had an endoscopy (which isn't a particularly unpleasant experience it should be said, as you're out cold - well I was, but then 100mg of paracetomol wipes me out) to prove I didn't have cancer of the insides.

The primary thing I've learnt over the years is not to self-diagnose using the internet, especially when you have anxiety. Despite all the horror stories you hear, the NHS generally works, and generally gets it right. There's a lot of gubbins in and around your pelvis, and swelling/inflammation putting pressure on the prostate gland can cause all manner of strange things. Anxiety doesn't help, as you'll be producing a lot of adrenaline and cortisol, and the flight/fight reaction of a panic attack tends to trigger a bowel movement anyway as empty bowels and stomach means more blood available for core muscles required for running/fighting whatever threat your brain has perceived.

I've also learned over my years of battling anxiety, that the brain is incredibly good at fixating on things which most people wouldn't even register, much less worry about. For example, when you have anxiety, you can end up holding in wind and convincing it's something much much worse and getting into a cycle of tension and stress - thereby aggravating the wind - where most people would just let one go, relieving the pressure, and get on with things.

So, suggest you try else something to focus on, as you seem quite capable of fixing your attention on things. None of the below is particularly strenuous, just basic common sense type stuff, but use the energy you're devoting to worrying about yourself in a more positive way;

What do you do to unwind/relax? Go and kick a ball about, hit things with a hammer, polish the car, anything, just rid yourself of some energy.
Do you cycle? (your symptoms are very similar to what serious long distance cyclists sometimes get)
If the chair at work is thought to be the cause, are you exercising or stretching to compensate? Yoga is very good as a gentle way of realigning your back, pelvis, and hips.
How's the diet, getting enough fibre, iron, magnesium? How's the caffeine and sugar intake?

If in the unlikely event you do have something wrong, then the medical lot will find it, and sort you out no problem. But you can help yourself in the interim by taking a chance to review your lifestyle and making some positive changes - either way it'll be a benefit to you.

Cheers mate, 3 doctors have had a go!!! I find it incredibly hard to focus on anything apart from the feeling I've got cancer... once something is on my mind it stays there and is hard to shift... I don't really like doing the things I used to do anymore I can't give them my full attention my concentration is awful. I don't cycle no.

I have a special cushion for my chair now and get no pains in that region anymore. My diet well it used to be pretty rubbish so i'm trying to change it. I've cut right down on sugar and fatty stuff, used to eat loads of chocolate daily... still eat some but no where near as much... my fibre intake should be fine I take nutrition milkshakes and eat baked beans on toast again daily (didn't have beans for a bit while feeling really anxious!) have 2 lots of fruit a day now.. started prob a week and a half ago (used to have none as I don't like it.) sarnies, choc bar and crisps at work also... sometimes a soup also.... I don't eat enough at the moment but I'm eating more than I did when I was really anxious!

I have read all your story and can honestly relate. I found a lump on my testical (epidurmal infact) & ever since then I have had EVERYTHING. I can't even get a spot on my face which will set off (somehow) the chances of contracting a tropical infection/illness.

Read up about symtasis (something like that) it explains how the brain is so overwhelmed with thoughts of health problems that the only way it can distribute and carry on making you think of these mad thoughts and unrealistic scenarios (I know exactly what you've that, we'll keep that secret) random cramps/stiffness, weird dull pulses which you consciously aware of? Yeah me too... All in the region's associated with the trigger of HA. I have somehow come to notice that I get a dull ache/cramp in any region of my body, just after I think about it just for a SPLIT second!

You know what reeeaaalllyyy, personally helps me..? Bananas. Serotonin admitting foods which really do help my suppressing health thoughts. I've had this since New Years day & had, since then, about 8-10 really good days... Then just like you I'll realise "hey bro, haven't felt like shit recently have ya'? Here's some weird ass symptoms!"

Just a warning, from past experience (I haven't had any medication, dramatically improved my.diet... Also a safety mechanism called 'single safety behavior') or something like that, that's something you CAN Google! It gets worse before it gets better. What I'm really interested in hearing from you, apart from your progress ofcourse! Is if you experience any 'depersonalisation'

You'll pull through!

Hey mate and cheers..I once a few years ago found a lump on my testicles, turned out to be some tubes tangled together (still get it sometimes now when my ball seems slightly twisted!!)... I don't believe i've experienced any depersonalisation (had to look it up) I do sometimes think I may be going mad though and how can my mind b doing this surely it can't.

I have been troubled by IBS most of my life and can understand how symptoms in that region can be frightening. Blood on stool is common and is in my experience nothing to be concerned about, I would be more worried if things begin to look like tar from a cigarette, and you would be surprised at how a little bit of blood can look like far more than it is. TomStyx out of curiosity when you say symtasis do you mean somatization? I ask because what you describe sounds like what I do.

Hey and thanks for reply... I thought IBS caused really bad abdominal pain? I don't really have much pain occassional pain here and there but rarely, my stomach is mostly tense can feel my muscles are sore and will throughout the day feel like I've got an upset tummy... very gassy also sometimes feels liquidy if that makes any sense... my stomach just doesn't feel normal but I don't really remember how normal for me feels, sometimes when I've wind I feel like I need to go toilet but its just turns out to be wind.... sometimes I'm not sure if my stomach feels upset or hungry it's mad!!

SussexDunc
03-26-2013, 11:16 AM
No worries mate.

I've only just recently been to a nutritionist - happy to share the dietary advice thing she sent me if you pm me your email address.

D

Jay1985
03-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Wow your story is similar to mine jay, just with different circumstances

The one thing you need to do is BELIEVE your doctors , otherwise you'll drive yourself potty

With anxiety we tend to over analyse anything we feel

Jay1983
03-26-2013, 11:35 AM
No worries mate.

I've only just recently been to a nutritionist - happy to share the dietary advice thing she sent me if you pm me your email address.

D

cheers mate would appreciate it can't pm yet but email addy is jshopson at hotmail dot com (sorry wont let me post email addy thinks its a link)

Wow your story is similar to mine jay, just with different circumstances

The one thing you need to do is BELIEVE your doctors , otherwise you'll drive yourself potty

With anxiety we tend to over analyse anything we feel

yeah I know mate havent seen anyone yet bout stomach seeing doctor 11th april to sort out my meds want to up them and will discuss it then.

I totally over analyse anything!!

Jay1985
03-26-2013, 02:38 PM
If you ever need to talk mate email me

Seenoneizm08
Hot mail
Co dot uk

vicky
03-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Hi, I've had the majority of your symptoms too (those that are possible for a woman to have!). Appears they are common anxiety symptoms. My anxiety started off very similar. Really freaked me out, I couldn't believe they were all anxiety related.

Jay1983
03-26-2013, 03:39 PM
If you ever need to talk mate email me

Seenoneizm08
Hot mail
Co dot uk

Thank you mate :-)

Hi, I've had the majority of your symptoms too (those that are possible for a woman to have!). Appears they are common anxiety symptoms. My anxiety started off very similar. Really freaked me out, I couldn't believe they were all anxiety related.

Yeah it sucks that's for sure it feels so real and I guess it is real its just being caused and enhanced by our anxiety, my stomach issues are all day and it's so upsetting, I want to be how I was before but I can't remember what that was now!

Oh and sorry I forgot to say Hi back how rude!!! Hi and thanks for your reply x

majored
03-26-2013, 05:17 PM
I know its not quite the same as i am not male but i had one health issue and googled it. I only did it to find out what i could have and to get reinsurance, it didnt work. Well i must of had cancer about 6 times now for different things. One of them being bowel cancer i also have a swelling on the right hand side of my stomach, which i was 100% sure it was the end of me. Well that was Dec 2011 and the swelling is still there and im still here. Ive had real bad cramps, pains in my side, pains in my ribs, pains in my chests, headaches, ovary pains, pains in my legs, lump in my throat etc etc. Every doctor i see tells me im ok and that anxiety has caused me IBS which has just started out of thin air. Anxiety can cause lots of changes in your body and if your worried about a certain area you seem to home in on it and feel every sensation/ feeling in and around it.

Ive also had the same sort of toilet trouble and it doesnt worry me to talk about it. I got to the stage where i was real worried to go as well as worried because i was going to much. Ive also had blood but that was due to piles. I could drink all day but then couldnt go, so i had to take things to make me go. My stomach didnt know what was happening to it.

Its the worse feeling ever when you home in on a part of your body and you can feel everything then another pain and you are sure its connected.

Ive also seen many doctors where they say im fine and you have to try and believe them , the anxiety will heighten your symptoms. With all the pains and feelings i had ended up seeing 5 different docs not by choice its just that was the first appointment i could get. They all examined my stomach, looked at the swelling, listened to my symptoms all said they think its anxiety causing this and if they all are telling me this i have to try and believe them. Last month i had a endoscope the docs have been trying to get me to have this for over a year. I was worried about the result because if it was something bad my children would have to live without a mum and i couldnt bare the thought of children not having a parent. In the end i had to do it for them and it turned out i was ok.

I know its hard not to do it but try not to google your symptoms as this will cause you more anxiety. I have resisted not to do it the last few weeks and its hard not to do it. Even the doc has told me not to do it as she sees a lot of people who have checked on line for conditions and they all think they are dying. Too much knowledge is not a good thing!

Take care and i hope you feel better soon. :-)

Jay1983
03-27-2013, 01:14 PM
I know its not quite the same as i am not male but i had one health issue and googled it. I only did it to find out what i could have and to get reinsurance, it didnt work. Well i must of had cancer about 6 times now for different things. One of them being bowel cancer i also have a swelling on the right hand side of my stomach, which i was 100% sure it was the end of me. Well that was Dec 2011 and the swelling is still there and im still here. Ive had real bad cramps, pains in my side, pains in my ribs, pains in my chests, headaches, ovary pains, pains in my legs, lump in my throat etc etc. Every doctor i see tells me im ok and that anxiety has caused me IBS which has just started out of thin air. Anxiety can cause lots of changes in your body and if your worried about a certain area you seem to home in on it and feel every sensation/ feeling in and around it.

Ive also had the same sort of toilet trouble and it doesnt worry me to talk about it. I got to the stage where i was real worried to go as well as worried because i was going to much. Ive also had blood but that was due to piles. I could drink all day but then couldnt go, so i had to take things to make me go. My stomach didnt know what was happening to it.

Its the worse feeling ever when you home in on a part of your body and you can feel everything then another pain and you are sure its connected.

Ive also seen many doctors where they say im fine and you have to try and believe them , the anxiety will heighten your symptoms. With all the pains and feelings i had ended up seeing 5 different docs not by choice its just that was the first appointment i could get. They all examined my stomach, looked at the swelling, listened to my symptoms all said they think its anxiety causing this and if they all are telling me this i have to try and believe them. Last month i had a endoscope the docs have been trying to get me to have this for over a year. I was worried about the result because if it was something bad my children would have to live without a mum and i couldnt bare the thought of children not having a parent. In the end i had to do it for them and it turned out i was ok.

I know its hard not to do it but try not to google your symptoms as this will cause you more anxiety. I have resisted not to do it the last few weeks and its hard not to do it. Even the doc has told me not to do it as she sees a lot of people who have checked on line for conditions and they all think they are dying. Too much knowledge is not a good thing!

Take care and i hope you feel better soon. :-)

Hi and thank you for taking the time to write. Hearing that i'm not the only 1 with these things does help, when i'm calmer so is my stomach... just a little twinge will set me off then my stomach is bad again so annoying!! like i need the toilet all the time but I don't really grrr

Howdy .

This is not correct . The bladder shrinks when it is under stress . Any first year doctor should know that . It is a very common problem for anyone that is a little nervous to want to pee all the time .

Your little one every stood on the spot with there legs crossed jumping up and down when excited . This is the same thing . The body sees anxiety and excitement as the same physical thing .

I must say that your story is pretty much mine except mine was adrenal cancer .

Read the stickies , they should help . Dont Google . Most of all trust the second doctor .

Try not to read to much into thing and it might help if you could just see the one doctor the second one .

Seeing many doctors is no better than google . Doctors options are like aholes , everyone has one . If you work with one then she will sort things out . Even is there is a small problem there it is best to treat the anxiety first .

There is no doubt in my mind that the bulk of what you are feeling is related to the anxiety . And maybe a few side effects from meds which should pass

cheers

Hi and thanks for writting! yeah i'm seeing the second doctor again on the 11th of april she is always fully booked so takes a while to get an appointment with her.... can meds cause side effects over a month into them? I didnt get any side effects to start with, i'm nearly 2 months in now and the stomach probs been around 2 and a half weeks.

I'm on 50mg sertraline