PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

onebreathatatime
03-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone, I have been dealing with anxiety for years and was diagnosed with panic disorder sept.2011. I literally thought I was waiting for my heart to give out and die. I have made good accomplishments but I feel so alone as the ppl around me don't understand the daily struggles of my fear of high heart rate and high blood pressure leading to heart attack. I am on Prozac 10mg as I do not like taking medications. I had not had a panic attack in almost a year until this past Thursday, and feel I just need to connect with ppl who know what it's like. Sry for the long post just wanted to introduce my situation. :)

lsapphirel
03-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi everyone, I have been dealing with anxiety for years and was diagnosed with panic disorder sept.2011. I literally thought I was waiting for my heart to give out and die. I have made good accomplishments but I feel so alone as the ppl around me don't understand the daily struggles of my fear of high heart rate and high blood pressure leading to heart attack. I am on Prozac 10mg as I do not like taking medications. I had not had a panic attack in almost a year until this past Thursday, and feel I just need to connect with ppl who know what it's like. Sry for the long post just wanted to introduce my situation. :)

My dear, you shouldnt worry about people. Its easy to say but believe it or not, when i stopped worrying about people and their thoughts and their words, i felt better.

I too am not a meds lover. My doc kept giving lorazepam and i never took them, instead i kept going to the hospital to check.if anything is wrong, then one day, the doc made me sit in the hospital for the whole day, morning till evening, believe me, after, i dont freak out easily.

You might have a stress or a worry or an incident that made your PA to strike or coffee. Care to share?

locksey
03-25-2013, 11:36 AM
I seem to go thru " seasons " I've had panic disorder since a child and 2b honest, I dnt knw any diff ... I go sum time ok ( stil wid boundaries tho ) then suddenly out ov the blue they hit me full on, bowt 5yrs bak I ended up been off wrk 4a year and sum years b4 that I was a mgr & loved my job bt I started getting attacks etc and I had to give up my job ... I've been pretty ok agen lately but wid my norm limits but then about a mth or so bak I had an attack then bin on / off since and has affected me goin out at work to get my dinner as have had a couple at the local shops I go so its now on my mind wen dinner time comes

onebreathatatime
03-25-2013, 11:58 AM
This last panic attack... I can't seem to put my finger on it expect for the fact my monthly cycle was beginning and normally I am super nervous/anxious for a few days leading up to it. I do drink tea but I am cautious not to drink more than maybe 2 cups a day depending on how I feel.

locksey
03-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Nufink seems to bring mine on ... Anytime , anywhere ...

lsapphirel
03-26-2013, 03:24 PM
This last panic attack... I can't seem to put my finger on it expect for the fact my monthly cycle was beginning and normally I am super nervous/anxious for a few days leading up to it. I do drink tea but I am cautious not to drink more than maybe 2 cups a day depending on how I feel.

That is normal, as in its pretty normal to have anxiety hit the roof during the monthly cycle.See a gynae, get your hormones checked. Youre not alone, my anxiety strikes too during the monthly cycle.

Drink more plain water during your cycle period instead of the tea. It would deff help ease you better. Get a hot shower or hop on to a warm electric massagers. Warm seems to ease the anxiety a lot more.

onebreathatatime
03-26-2013, 09:35 PM
That is normal, as in its pretty normal to have anxiety hit the roof during the monthly cycle.See a gynae, get your hormones checked. Youre not alone, my anxiety strikes too during the monthly cycle.

Drink more plain water during your cycle period instead of the tea. It would deff help ease you better. Get a hot shower or hop on to a warm electric massagers. Warm seems to ease the anxiety a lot more.

I will be drinking more water for sure from now on. :)