PDA

View Full Version : Sea Salt

nf1234
03-24-2013, 11:58 PM
I have found tons of info online about mixing a very small amount of Sea Salt to your daily water. Unlike regular salt Sea Salt is full of almost 90 minerals that are important for our health. My dad takes it to lower his blood pressure and it works great! I have read it is calming and has also cured some folks heart palpitations because it balances your electrolytes. It is also suppose to help with muscle issues and sleep. I'm mainly hoping to stop the heart palps.

Anyone have any experience with this? From what I read this is 100% safe and Sea Salt is very good for you as opposed to normal table salt. Google if your interested.

may
03-25-2013, 06:50 AM
Never heard bout it, I think i should ask a doctor

PanicCured
03-25-2013, 01:37 PM
But if you use sea salt when making food or eat food salted with sea salt, why would adding it to water help?

abartlett331
03-25-2013, 01:43 PM
I have read about this before, but have never tried it. It does seem like something I might want to consider. I'll have to do a bit more research before I make my decision.

nf1234
03-25-2013, 04:42 PM
PanicCured

I think most people use normal table salt on their food as opposed to sea salt. If you are using sea salt on your food I would assume it is the same as ingesting it in water. You may not be ingesting the same amounts though. I think it is important to mix with water because too much water can also offset your electrolyte balance. It is recommended that you mix 1/4 teaspoons of sea salt per quart of water that you drink. All I know is its worth a try to get rid of these annoying heart palps!

nf1234
03-25-2013, 04:43 PM
This site has a lot of info:

http://www.watercure.com/faq.html

omoplata
03-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Interesting...

PanicCured
03-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Yeah I have not used table salt on my food is ages!

PanicCured
03-25-2013, 06:17 PM
I have to say, I am not sure about this site. I am not saying I am sure it's wrong, but some of it doesn't sound right to me:

"Almost all-municipal water in is of high quality and very drinkable." Really? That sounds hard to believe. What about Sodium-Flouride put into the water which no health advocate would approve of.

"The studies that found 13% of the runners tested drank too much water, resulting in abnormally low blood sodium levels. The low sodium levels made many of these people very sick, and close to the point of death."
Has anyone heard of someone coming close to death for drinking too much water? Who doesn't drink loads of water during exercise? I would like to see this study.

SussexDunc
03-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Yeah, you can literally drink yourself to death. Google Leah Betts - she drank something ridiculous like 17 bottles of water whilst on Ecstasy. Whilst her death was blamed on Ecstasy in the media, it wasn't what actually killed her - her body was simply unable to process all the water she took on board and shut down. It is a surprisingly common form of death, relatively speaking, in Ecstasy users. The reason Leah's case made such news at the time was because her dad was a senior police officer, and embarked on a bit of a crusade about it.

nf1234
03-25-2013, 06:47 PM
I am not looking to take it for anxiety. I am looking to take it to lower blood pressure and relieve heart palpitations.

nf1234
03-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Also it can help with muscle cramps, pain, weakness, ect.

PanicCured
03-25-2013, 07:22 PM
But it is possible she died of ecstasy, right? You can overdose on ecstasy and who knows what it's cut with.

Is there any case of someone not on drugs to die from water?

I am all for being your own guinea pig and tested out theories and I may be inclined to test this out on myself. Drinking less water and see how I feel. Sometime sI feel bloated and it may be due to water. But his statement about all city water is high quality I can't support.

How can one drink themselves to death if you urinate the water?

Now the only thing I can think of, is if you are doing long bouts of exercise, you aren't urinating and can get overloaded. That is something I can see possibly being a problem. But I would like to see some evidence of tis.

Also, what it said about drinking things like tea, that act as a diuretic won't overload you is interesting.

Still, if one is thirsty, according to this website, what should they do? Not drink water?

PanicCured
03-25-2013, 07:22 PM
I am not looking to take it for anxiety. I am looking to take it to lower blood pressure and relieve heart palpitations.

Don't some people say too much salt raises blood pressure?

nf1234
03-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Don't some people say too much salt raises blood pressure?

I believe that is a myth but either way they are referring to regular table salt. My father has high blood pressure and the only thing he changed was adding the sea salt to his water and his blood pressure is perfect now. Some of his friends have had the same results.

Walking Circles
03-25-2013, 08:09 PM
I only use sea salt in my house simply because I like the taste better, I will look into this. I am concerned about the statement that city water is typically of high quality, the water in my town causes stainless steel cook ware to rust and has a milky color in a glass, I don't touch the stuff. Drinking too much water is a thing, it takes lots in fairly short amounts of time to do it though, it drastically imbalances electrolytes and can impair heart function.

PanicCured
03-25-2013, 09:08 PM
I think both contain 40 percent sodium.

"Sea salt is obtained directly through the evaporation of seawater. It is usually not processed, or undergoes minimal processing, and therefore retains trace levels of minerals like magnesium, potassium, calcium and other nutrients.

Table salt, on the other hand, is mined from salt deposits and then processed to give it a fine texture so it’s easier to mix and use in recipes. Processing strips table salt of any minerals it may have contained, and additives are also usually incorporated to prevent clumping or caking."

They usually add iodine to it.

I am quite interested in these water stories though.