PDA

View Full Version : Psychologist sessions ended

locksey
03-24-2013, 09:13 AM
I've been seeing a psychologist ( sumink i would be ashamed of before to say ) and originally it was supposed to be for panic disorder but opening up childhood & other things we never did get to panic as the other things were important but now my sessions finished last week and apparently you are only allowed 16 sessions and whether yr ok or not you stil get dropped ... It's silly , how can the government put a limit on how many sessions sumink wil take , bcz other things were opened up they are stil at the surface aswel as the lady didn't hav time to spend time on them ..... Has anyone else had this problem ?

trinidiva
03-24-2013, 09:35 AM
I think its terrible to say that 16 sessions is enough....every situation is different, so I think it should be determined on a case by case basis.

locksey
03-24-2013, 09:55 AM
I think its terrible to say that 16 sessions is enough....every situation is different, so I think it should be determined on a case by case basis.

Exactly.. But app government with all their cut backs etc have cut bak on this service aswel .... It cud make pple worse as they've discussed things and rushed on to sumink else so lots ov things are opened up and not dealt wid :-(

trinidiva
03-24-2013, 10:37 AM
I agree.....you aren't giving people the proper time they need to really start to establish a treatment plan and see if it actually works. It's not like that where I live, but still, they dont make things easy for you in terms of getting an appointment, etc....

locksey
03-24-2013, 10:48 AM
I agree.....you aren't giving people the proper time they need to really start to establish a treatment plan and see if it actually works. It's not like that where I live, but still, they dont make things easy for you in terms of getting an appointment, etc....

Are u in this country ?

trinidiva
03-25-2013, 04:55 AM
Are u in this country ?

I'm in the US.....but you still have to jump through hoops of fire to get proper treatment.