PDA

View Full Version : I hate this!

defmunel
03-23-2013, 11:33 PM
This has to be the worst bout of anxiety I've had. Fears that just won't let up. Symptoms that keep reappearing. Bruises that come out of nowhere. I'm spiraling downward. I'm in misery.

jesikahlaine
03-24-2013, 05:47 AM
This has to be the worst bout of anxiety I've had. Fears that just won't let up. Symptoms that keep reappearing. Bruises that come out of nowhere. I'm spiraling downward. I'm in misery.

I dont know u or how u feel but always know u have ppl to talk to. I am too suffering. Even though im a stranger i am here for u :)

mellymel
03-24-2013, 06:49 AM
I dont know u or how u feel but always know u have ppl to talk to. I am too suffering. Even though im a stranger i am here for u :)

Yea, what they said ^^^ :)

trinidiva
03-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Fight it!!!!!! Don't let it beat you down. Make an entire list of everything that is bothering you and what you can do to resolve each issue. Start working to scratch each item off your list. You have to start from somewhere.
I know from your previous post your worries about skin cancer. You followed through with that, went to see your doc, who told you that it was nothing to worry about. You can check that worry off your list. That's what you have to do for the rest of your worries. I'm honestly trying to do the same. It's a fight every day, but I just refuse to let anxiety get the better of me.

mellymel
03-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Fight it!!!!!! Don't let it beat you down. Make an entire list of everything that is bothering you and what you can do to resolve each issue. Start working to scratch each item off your list. You have to start from somewhere.
I know from your previous post your worries about skin cancer. You followed through with that, went to see your doc, who told you that it was nothing to worry about. You can check that worry off your list. That's what you have to do for the rest of your worries. I'm honestly trying to do the same. It's a fight every day, but I just refuse to let anxiety get the better of me.

Good advice :)

defmunel
03-24-2013, 09:53 AM
This has been one of the worst weeks of my life. I used to be scared of having a heart condition, but I had every test done, and found my heart is healthy. Then I got a scare, or trigger, last week when my friend was diagnosed with deadly skin cancer. I then thought I had it. Went to the dermatologist and had two skin biopsies. I'm still waiting for results. In the meantime, my left arm has a sharp shock feeling run down it, bruises that seem to come from nowhere. I keep thinking the cancer has spread, or that I have a blood clot. These sensations, or new discoveries send me into a panic. I've taken more Xanax these last 5 days than I have in an entire year. I just can't seem to shake it. Xanax used to be the cure all, and going to the dr, and talking to my therapist. But none of them are working. I just sometimes think life would be easier if I were dead. Then I wouldnt have to suffer and worry about death. I just think, "make it happen already! Stop making me fret in wait!". It's gotten to the point where I don't enjoy life. I don't enjoy being with friends because I'm jealous of their health and happiness. We had friends over to play games last night. I was having fun until I realized another sore like bruise on the inside of my elbow. It hurts! Then I started to panic because it wasn't there earlier. Another new bruise! Then those thoughts I explained previous took over. Then I think, do I need to rush to the ER because my arm felt numb!!!! Ugh. I'm tired even writing this.

trinidiva
03-24-2013, 07:26 PM
The ARM numbness is most likely anxiety. I get numbess in my left arm, hand, face, etc....I just have to do my breathing and the anxiety will slowly go away. You have to talk to yourself, tell yourself that it is just anxiety. Tell yourself until you begin to believe it.
You are not dying. I'm sure you've had bloodwork done recently, if you had cancer, they would see something notable in your blood workup. Your heart is healthy, that is great news and something to feel good about.
You have to get tough and tell yourself that you deserve to enjoy your life....you won't let anxiety ruin it.
I believe you can do it........do you?
We will help and encourage you....but you have to do the hard work and push yourself through these hard times.

jesikahlaine
03-24-2013, 10:21 PM
The ARM numbness is most likely anxiety. I get numbess in my left arm, hand, face, etc....I just have to do my breathing and the anxiety will slowly go away. You have to talk to yourself, tell yourself that it is just anxiety. Tell yourself until you begin to believe it.
You are not dying. I'm sure you've had bloodwork done recently, if you had cancer, they would see something notable in your blood workup. Your heart is healthy, that is great news and something to feel good about.
You have to get tough and tell yourself that you deserve to enjoy your life....you won't let anxiety ruin it.
I believe you can do it........do you?
We will help and encourage you....but you have to do the hard work and push yourself through these hard times.

I was always paranoid that my symptoms were something deadly. My 1st big panic episode that landed me at the hospital involved numbness & tingling down my left arm, my face was tingling, chest cramps. All the signs of a heart attack. 3 ecgs later & my heart is fine. Felt like i was suffocating & couldnt breath but hospital said my oxygen intake was perfect lungs were perfect. Everything was fine. Ive come to terms with the fact that i have nothing medically wrong with me even though during an attack im petrified of fainting or passing out, losing control even though all my attacks the past 4wks have resulted in nothing. Im continously programming myself to know im not going to die !

defmunel
03-25-2013, 07:57 AM
Thank you all for your replies and support. It has been so mind consuming this last week and a half. I'm doing better today.

I like to look at things in a more spiritual way. Im constantly praying for answers and peace of mind. I decided to talk to my bishop. He offered great counsel. I felt much better after speaking with him.

I don't really want to die at all. Contrary, I want to live! That's why I'm fighting this battle so hard. A lot of the times the task feels overwhelming and unbeatable, but during it all I never forget Gods love for me. That's why I keep pressing forward, even if the answers aren't there, or I can't see in front of me.

I'm not sure I believe that it's all anxiety yet. Last night I awoke with a terrible tight chest. I was half asleep as I noticed it. It didn't fully wake me, but I remember turning to my other side and the pain seemed to go away. I did momentarily think it could be a blood clot. How would I know if I had one, or if one was forming? These bruise like pains make me think they are forming.

I do have my yearly physical scheduled for Wednesday. I'll talk to my dr about it then. In the meantime I will continue to journal and press through the demons in my head.

Thank you again. Everyone. I am happy when I see that a new message was written to help me. I am grateful to all of you.

trinidiva
03-25-2013, 09:34 AM
I pray every day for strength and understanding. Just keep praying whenever you start to feel weary!!!

I am hoping ( and praying) for you!!!!

locksey
03-25-2013, 11:41 AM
I find it hard goin thru this and been a Christian as pple wonder why u haven't been healed etc and had it so long and I've found that pple just dnt understand :-(

defmunel
03-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Trials come to everyone. If we were all perfect, we'd have nothing to strive for. Nothing to live for. I believe this is my trial. This is my challenge in life. I believe that God loves me very much, and I know that He will never leave me. This is for my own good. I believe I have something to learn from all of this and one day I will know what that is. In the meantime, I must remain hopeful and faithful...

defmunel
03-25-2013, 12:10 PM
I'd also like to add my results came in. All benign!

trinidiva
03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
I'd also like to add my results came in. All benign!

Yes, I figured!!!! Wonderful news!

xxcraigiexx
03-25-2013, 12:32 PM
I think I know what you are feeling. I have been suffering from heart phobia. I used to work in an emergency room and witnessed someone die from a heart attack and thats what triggered me. Sometimes I feel pain in my chest, arm, and sometimes I get palpitations.I have been told over and over by doctors that my heart is ok and I'm only 26 and the odds of something happening to me because of my heart is slim to none. I still cant convince myself that I am ok and almost everyday is suffering. I am trying to find some peace in spirituality. There is one book that has helped me that I strongly recommend, its called "Streams in the Desert" . Its very spiritual and has help me try and make as much sense of things as I can. Please don't give up, Stay Strong! :)