PDA

View Full Version : finding the Root cause of my Anxiety

mglover92
03-23-2013, 02:40 PM
How can this be done? I rather not visit a psychiatrist. The anxiety happened about a year ago. First it started off with health anxiety. Constantly googling my symptoms to see if something was wrong with me. After a visit to the doctor they determined everything was fine and in a instant everything went away. A couple weeks later while working out I had my first panic attack. I am trying to think of the thoughts I had during the panic attack. Now I am over my panic attacks. However now i still just dont feel normal. Like nothing excites me. I feel like I am slowly losing interest in things...is this normal for anxiety suffers?

bitsofthread
03-23-2013, 03:32 PM
I have often wondered what triggers my anxiety too. The attacks always come during something new in the environment. Or maybe someone brings up an emotional topic for me that I don't want to share with others, but find myself overanalyzing whether or not it would be beneficial to the conversation: (what if I say something that will bring up a conversation I'm not comfortable with?) Because my emotions are extremely see through, I struggle with thoughts of someone reading my thoughts and drawing conclusions, etc. Part of being an introvert, yay!
But your symptoms seem very familiar to me. I have experienced feelings of deep tiredness. Usually this occurs in the days following the anxiety attacks. Its like your are trying to rebuild your emotional barrier again. If it lasts longer than, say a week, I might begin to try and treat symptoms of depression as well: lots of sunshine and ice cream with the bestie.
Namaste

sanphamkythu
03-24-2013, 12:07 AM
chúc cả nhà một ngày vui vẻ .

PanicCured
03-24-2013, 04:25 AM
I would like to add that I have cured my anxiety without coming up with a definitive reason why I had it in the first place. I did therapy and do think it is effective, but I don't know if we actually really need to find that definitive answer to overcome anxiety. I didn't find it. What I found was, anxiety runs in my family, and that I picked up some bad habits from them. I had a horrible break up and became mentally exhausted. I would get nervous and over breathe. All of this lead to a nervous breakdown. I crashed my nervous system so hard that I could get extreme panic attacks at the drop of a hat. So I worked on curing this. But I don't know if I got the definitive answer, as even this, is theoretical. In any case, I advise focusing on the cure first and foremost.

jesikahlaine
03-24-2013, 05:19 AM
I would like to add that I have cured my anxiety without coming up with a definitive reason why I had it in the first place. I did therapy and do think it is effective, but I don't know if we actually really need to find that definitive answer to overcome anxiety. I didn't find it. What I found was, anxiety runs in my family, and that I picked up some bad habits from them. I had a horrible break up and became mentally exhausted. I would get nervous and over breathe. All of this lead to a nervous breakdown. I crashed my nervous system so hard that I could get extreme panic attacks at the drop of a hat. So I worked on curing this. But I don't know if I got the definitive answer, as even this, is theoretical. In any case, I advise focusing on the cure first and foremost.

Can u exagerate how u think u cured urself? What u done to make urself better?