PDA

View Full Version : No Sleep

Suicidal Depression
03-22-2013, 05:13 AM
Does anyone have any non-medicated tricks for sleeping? It's been 44+ hours since I've slept. Driving me crazy. Can't think straight.

trinidiva
03-22-2013, 05:22 AM
44 hours since you've slept? I hope this is an exaggeration, but if not, seriously, you need to call your doctor now. I am quite sure they will prescribe something...I know you want something unmedicated, but 44 hours is a long time to be awake.... I don't think ( I could be wrong though) that if you have been awake for that many hours straight that things like a warm bath or a big cup of camomile tea will help. You could still try though. Camomile tea always helps me to fall asleep.

Suicidal Depression
03-22-2013, 05:30 AM
No exaggeration. I woke up Wednesday at 11am and haven't slept since. I go through phases like this though. There was one week I only got a combine 9 hours of sleep for 6 days.

Suicidal Depression
03-22-2013, 06:07 AM
Now my eyes are playing tricks on me and I'm hallucinating a bit. I have got to fall asleep soon...

My phone charger cord looks like a snake moving around.

Suicidal Depression
03-22-2013, 06:10 AM
I'm really starting to panick

Suicidal Depression
03-22-2013, 06:15 AM
All I keep thinking is somethings gonna happen if I don't fall asleep soon. And why in the hell can I not sleep. And I'd rather be dead. It's just constant

albgirl82
03-22-2013, 06:37 AM
GO TO SLEEP NOW!! Nothing is happening, everything is fine. Is just your mind playing tricks. Stop it! Buy some Melatonin, you can find it anywhere..it really helps me. Get control over yourself.

trinidiva
03-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Yes, you definitely need some sleep now. When your eyes are playing tricks on you, its time to force yourself to sleep.
You could try valerian root tea, I heard that is quite strong......perhaps that will help. Make your room cool, dark, put some quiet soothing music on. Close your eyes. Make sure you turn your clock away if you find yourself staring at the clock...... Concentrate on your breathing. Breath in, hold for 4 seconds, exhale slowly. Continue this over and over until you fall asleep.

nf1234
03-22-2013, 03:10 PM
If you can't get a script of something from your doctor try Sleepytime Extra Tea.

abbyholmess
03-22-2013, 03:12 PM
I drink chamomile tea, and stretch before bed. Stretching out the limbs really helps.

Suicidal Depression
03-22-2013, 03:30 PM
I slept for about 4 hours so I'm feeling a bit better

trinidiva
03-22-2013, 08:47 PM
I slept for about 4 hours so I'm feeling a bit better

Good!!!!!!!
:)

Suicidal Depression
03-22-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm still worn out 4 hours wasn't much after being up for 46

Suicidal Depression
03-23-2013, 03:47 AM
And it will be another sleepless night tonight

nf1234
03-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Have you gone to see a doctor to try and get some meds to help you sleep?

trinidiva
03-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Try the tea and relaxation techniques again. Do you think you much go and see your doc about this?

jessy
03-23-2013, 05:32 PM
I have lorazepam to help me sleep , if I can't sleep (which I have had huge problems with before ) I find it intensifies everything . It's a living hell .
My G.P said its so important that I sleep , so I'm prescribed lorazepam .

Have you thought about a med ?

mrsmischief
03-23-2013, 06:43 PM
I was prescribed trazodone and it did nothing for me after the first night. Now ive been prescribed ambien. I am still not getting a full rest. I hate it cause my body gets shaky from how weak i am without sleep. Thats the worst part for me. Idk what we will do now that ambien isnt helping. I have to move back in with my parents in the mean time because my current situation only adds to my anxiety. We are hoping that it helps control my stress otherwise they will up my anti depressant. I hate that ive been diagnosed with insomnia. My little sisters been living with it for years now. I wish we could fix it. Anyway. I got on here to tell you that in a pinch when nothing works and ive been up too long i take benedryl. And it really works for me. I just cant take it often. If i were to grow immune to it and then had an actual allergic reaction id be in trouble. But yeah, you could try that till you speak with your doctor