PDA

View Full Version : Thought I Was Dying!

Kalita
03-21-2013, 09:04 PM
I am trying to deal with another panic attack. I was changing my sons diaper when suddenly I felt like I was on a boat. Dizzy, but not spinning dizzy. Logically, I think it's my left ear. It's been hurting for a couple of weeks and I've had antibiotics for two ear infections. But I saw the dr yesterday (not my usual dr) because my left ear was really hurting, making my jaw and cheek bone hurt. He said there was no sign of infection etc. so I left it at that. So when I just got the dizzy spell now, it started me panicking. Because the Dr said there was no sign of infection, so straight away I concluded that I was dying of a heart attack or stroke! Auughhh. I hate this. How come I know LOGICALLY that it's most likely to do with my ear (which now feels like it's running water) but my mind is making me believe I'm having a stroke or heart attack!! And why does it have to be my left ear?!! When anything happens to my left side I always think "heart" and panic!!!!! 😭

msduty2013
03-21-2013, 09:30 PM
I have the same problem with my inner ears! I hate the dizziness it always sends me into panic! Mine seems to be made worse when I use the comp or stare at my phone too long.

Kalita
03-23-2013, 12:51 AM
How do you treat yours? I just took a Zyrtec. I took one yesterday too. My ears and around them feel like they're burning. And then it's like I have cotton balls in my ears. Everything sounds muffled, then it all comes back to normal. I thought I had low blood sugar just before but I tested my sugar and I'm fine. I think it's just a combination of the sinuses and lack of sleep. But it doesn't help my anxiety. :(

msduty2013
03-23-2013, 06:29 PM
I dont due to my fear of meds. I have stopped letting water get in my ears and tried to limit my comp use. I will see if this helps.