PDA

View Full Version : The Dreaded Therapy.

Brittany1995
03-21-2013, 01:20 AM
When my family doctor told me that my anxiety is on such a level to where she didn't know what to do with me anymore, I felt instant fear! She said she's referring me to a psychiatrist. When I think of therapy, I think of people who are like suicidal, or like depressed, or crazy...Being the hard headed woman that I am, I felt angry! Because I know Anxiety doesn't mean Any of those things. But I feel like everyone who doesn't have it, thinks that. So I'm reluctant to go to this psychiatrist. But I will, because I want to be normal. :/

Alice Pimm
03-21-2013, 01:44 AM
therapt is a tuff pill to swallow bt if its going to help i wud take it. i wud take all the help because living with anxiett is nt living at all. i hope to.god my therapy works. good luck with urs

anxiousmal
03-21-2013, 05:19 AM
Doctors in general only have a limited amount of experience with anxiety. If you're getting referred to a psychiartrist it's a good thing, a very good thing. They should be able to help alot better and will generally monitor your progress.

Good luck.

alankay
03-21-2013, 06:48 AM
Yep, time to see the pdoc. Alankay

alankay
03-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Yep, time to see the pdoc. GP's have only so much knownledge/training on anxiety so don't even worry about the pdoc. He's who you want to work with if what the GP has tried hasn't helped. Alankay