PDA

View Full Version : Coping with Anxiety and Stress

Nate92
03-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi everyone. I am a 21 year old male with constant, heavy anxiety and stress. I have suffered from it for years. That accompanied with what can be considered Obsessive Compulsive Disorder makes it hard to shake. I have hormonal issues and my doctor thinks that my anxiety/stress could be causing them. So I am looking for advice on how to fix stress. Since my stress is constant. I am looking for ways to relieve my stress for long periods of time. In other words, I don't know if things like yoga could help me since my stress is so constant. So please, let me know what is working for you or any advice you may have! And please let me know if you have any other questions about my life!

Thanks! Nate

Cryfreedom66
03-20-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm new here but the things that have worked best for me are holistic supplements (especially l theanine) and controlled breathing (ten seconds in through the nose hold 2 seconds ten seconds out through the mouth works great to recenter my mind). I've been thinking about yoga and I know exercise is a huge help...but I just need to get motivated! I'm a 25 year old guy and suffer from general anxiety...it's pretty taxing on the mind and body...stay healthy and positive!

Malyn
03-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Hi

Do you get dizzy or lightheaded. That is my problem. Making me panicky like today I was so anxious in the morning. Now I feel lightheaded . I take sudafed coz I thought it might be my ear but I been taking sudafed every 6 hrs for more than 10 days now but still lightheaded dizzy feeling especially when anxious

locksey
03-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Hi

Do you get dizzy or lightheaded. That is my problem. Making me panicky like today I was so anxious in the morning. Now I feel lightheaded . I take sudafed coz I thought it might be my ear but I been taking sudafed every 6 hrs for more than 10 days now but still lightheaded dizzy feeling especially when anxious

I sumtimes get really light-headed and it frightens me then starts 2 make me panic ... It's like an " off-balance " feelin .. Think its just part ov worrying etc :-/

manz82
03-21-2013, 03:14 PM
I get really light-headed too. In fact, this symptom scares me more than any other. I also get heavy head and neck feelings, and sometimes I feel as though my neck can't support the weight of my head! (Not that my head is particularly heavy or anything!)
I don't really get the feeling when I'm comfortable so I tell myself that it is definitely anxiety and practice breathing techniques which work about 80 per cent of the time. X

jesikahlaine
03-24-2013, 06:05 AM
I get really light-headed too. In fact, this symptom scares me more than any other. I also get heavy head and neck feelings, and sometimes I feel as though my neck can't support the weight of my head! (Not that my head is particularly heavy or anything!)
I don't really get the feeling when I'm comfortable so I tell myself that it is definitely anxiety and practice breathing techniques which work about 80 per cent of the time. X

I get this as well. I also feel like im going to faint, my eyes hurt & the room spins. I sweat profusely & feel extremely hot. Its very scary