PDA

View Full Version : Wicked anxiety

defmunel
03-20-2013, 12:32 PM
So I've been dealing with this wicked anxiety for the last 5 days. Debilitating anxiety. Stress over skin cancer that's metastasized. But the thing is, I don't know that that's even happened.

But during these last 5 days, I've been getting random electric shocks down my left forearm. I've been through cardio, and I know my heart is healthy.

What are your thoughts? Symptom of anxiety or something worse? I just don't know what else a doc can tell me to say I'm healthy. I've been to the doctor countless times in the last year. It's ridiculous.

So what is this electric shock sensation? This is ridiculous!

Jay1985
03-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Strange sensations in the body are a common symptom of anxiety

Unfortunately we are prone to analyse anything we feel when we're feeling anxious

Just DON'T google

You're working yourself up to feel this way, and now anything you feel, you think is a problem

You need to start diverting your attention away from it

A walk or run maybe? It's a start

vicky
03-20-2013, 01:42 PM
I had that all over my body. I agree with jay, anything is possible.

locksey
03-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Yeah , some years bak I started getin a new symptom... Not quite electric shock feelin but lyk a prickly feelin then suddenly this rush ov what feels like fire up my arms and into my chest & stomach ....It's horrible & no matter how much I tell myself not to worry , I've been here b4 , had all these symptoms etc and ill be fine , it still does t help , I get the same fear etc that I first had wen I started avin attacks :-/