PDA

View Full Version : Is it just us?

R8DRN8SHN
07-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Do you think this is just how we are? I have a feelin people in my class probably thought I was weird cuz I never talk or say "I don't know", or "I couldnt think of anything", and I started not going to class when they assigned a project which had a presentation. So is it just me or is it because I care too much what people think of me and because of my symptoms? I saw some girl on TV who recovered from this and wouldnt come out of the house and she said "Life is more than what other people think of you." and she started gaining weight! No wonder Im so damn scronny!

Fear
08-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Do you think this is just how we are? I have a feelin people in my class probably thought I was weird cuz I never talk or say "I don't know", or "I couldnt think of anything", and I started not going to class when they assigned a project which had a presentation. So is it just me or is it because I care too much what people think of me and because of my symptoms? I saw some girl on TV who recovered from this and wouldnt come out of the house and she said "Life is more than what other people think of you." and she started gaining weight! No wonder Im so damn scronny!
I've always tried to understand if I was actually stupid and so weak or just "sick in my head".Sometimes I think this thing can't be normal,there's really something wrong in here,but I don't know how to repair.
Try to analyze yourself,I mean how you feel in your mind,what you think,how you react to things that scares you and not.When you have a really great day and don't know which is the difference with a bad one.

Wren
08-15-2007, 10:29 PM
To me this social anxiety is a devil always looming on my shoulder. Or, no, walking two steps in front of me... it gets to where I want to go first, and then stops me from coming in. It inhibits me in all aspects of my life to the point where I feel as though I'm not really living sometimes. Like I'm some other class of person divided from everyone else by some clear screen. I can see them and they can see me. The only thing is, they don't know the screen is there and I do. They can't understand that I'm different, that this is something inside me, that I'm this way because I am...that I didn't choose it and that I don't want to be this way, but that it's not something I can just change no matter how desperately I want to.

hail to the thief
08-16-2007, 12:09 PM
i have no doubt people thought i was weird at college because of my shyness. I tended to stay away from the canteen and other socialable places and in most classes i was on my own. When it was time for us to get into groups it was hell and the most embarrassing thing ever. I felt so weak and pathetic. But by the end, i just tried to accept it.

I know it's part of me and yet only i can get rid of it.

Fear
08-18-2007, 02:25 AM
i have no doubt people thought i was weird at college because of my shyness. I tended to stay away from the canteen and other socialable places and in most classes i was on my own. When it was time for us to get into groups it was hell and the most embarrassing thing ever. I felt so weak and pathetic. But by the end, i just tried to accept it.

That's what I did too.

hail to the thief
08-18-2007, 08:39 AM

That's what I did too.
:hugs:

Fear
08-20-2007, 02:12 AM
Hugs back.I'm Chris,anyway.