PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety to Apathy?

ghostin0hs
03-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Ill try to make this as short as I can so hopefully its actually worth reading haha. I have been suffering from severe anxiety for about 9 months or so. It started with one really bad anxiety attack and then I have had almost daily random anxiety ever since. I have also had constant racing thoughts for as long as I can remember, which of course only got worse with the anxiety. I decided not to use medication to help and instead tried changing my diet, exercising, and taking multiple vitamin supplements to aid my anxiety. It helped the anxiety happen less frequently but did not get rid of it. Also I have always been a huge perfectionist but recently it manifested into almost ocd like behavior. A few days ago I woke up and all of a sudden felt like a different person. The anxiety and obsessive thoughts were completely gone and my racing thoughts even somewhat subsided. I feel like my old self again and it feels great. There's only two things concerning me, one is that it happened over night which I know is uncommon, and two is now I am somewhat in a state of apathy. I feel happy but it now feels like nothing can bother me. So basically i am concerned about my mindset changing so suddenly. I contemplated bi polar but after extensive research the depression and and mania don't sound anything like me. So does anyone have any thoughts on this? I realize my anxiety probably isn't magically gone for good but its just weird that it disappeared that quick. Any feedback is appreciated :)

alankay
03-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Well if you keep feeling that way be thankful as it seems your feeling....................well. Mania would be grand ideas, super energy, lots of emotion(doesn't at all sound like what described) so who can tell. If it keeps up I'd be happy and am unaware of this being a sign of trouble. It doesn't even sound like hypomania(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypomania). Be well. Alankay

NixonRulz
03-20-2013, 10:06 AM
You are really fortunate but enjoy it. You did good!

You have the right attitude going forward.

Not to be all negative but once you have anxiety, I believe it can sneak back or jump in again without warning.

My advice would be not to beat yourselfd up over any setback because most people that have "healed", for a lack of a better word, has still felt the symptoms occassionally but do not react negatively to them and then they quickly pass.

Keep posting your stories and congrats.

This site is a great way for people that are not feeling well to see so many success stories

Everyone will get past this

ghostin0hs
03-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Thank you for the responses. Hypomania doesnt quite make sense because it usually lasts for certain time periods, my mind has been like this for my entire life. Also the extremely energetic, euphoric, talkative, confident, and assertive traits dont fit me. Besides having racing thoughts and being talkative, I am not energetic, or euphoric, and definitely not confident or assertive. I will try to enjoy this state while I can for sure, however I got so used to the anxiety I feel like somethings kind of missing now ha. If anyone else has any theories or has experienced this i would love to hear more feedback.

Also if anyone is interested, the vitamin supplements I took which greatly reduced my anxiety are: Stess B Complex, Fish Oil (Ultra Omega-3), Magnesium, and Vitamin C; All daily. I also took Suntheanine (L theanine) on bad anxiety days which REALLY helped. I was getting ready to try Inositol which ive heard helps quite a bit with the ocd like behavior that comes with anxiety, ie nail biting, etc