PDA

View Full Version : A hurtle was crossed

weary
03-19-2013, 04:47 PM
A little to my past .... When I was younger I was very involved in our music program in school and would get up and perform solos and so fourth including singing I even sang the National Anthem at a football game .... Those were the happiest times for me over the years my panic and anxiety began to consume me and I stopped everything including attending training classes and participating in work functions.

Today on very little sleep I attended a training class for work and found myself participating in the discussions and even got up and did some role playing on how to handle situations. In front of 27 people.

Today I had no chest pains no weird feelings became active and stepped out of my comfort zone I was so proud of myself today and even though I had little sleep last night I came home feeling energized and started making some minor repairs and changes in my home. I fixed a leaky shower head and cleaned the house...........

Today has been amazing :) I finally feel like my meds are working and I am restoring my life with a new hope.

I hope this story will inspire others to try and take a small leap out of the comfort zone and make the best of it

jamus75
03-19-2013, 04:51 PM
So happy for you weary. What a difference a week makes.

jessed03
03-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Today has been amazing :) I finally feel like my meds are working and I am restoring my life with a new hope.

I've been on a few of your threads where you were having bad days or tough times. It's good to see you having a better time with everything, and a little more luck and energy! :)

albgirl82
03-19-2013, 05:09 PM
What medications are you taking?? Happy for you hon

vicky
03-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Congratulations and well done that's great to hear.....

weary
03-19-2013, 05:13 PM
What medications are you taking?? Happy for you hon

Albgirl82- currently on 50 mg of Zoloft, I was started at 25mg in May of 2012 and we upped it in Feb of this year it took a while to get past the fatigue and cotton mouth but I am feeling pretty good still have my rough days but today ...... For the first time in awhile no chest pains

smoore
03-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Weary that's great! Good for you. I still haven't gotten the courage to take my Zoloft! :(

trinidiva
03-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Awesome!!!! That's great news!

weary
03-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Weary that's great! Good for you. I still haven't gotten the courage to take my Zoloft! :(

Smoore you never know until you try and give it a chance. I respect your fears as I too was there like went back home to my parents for 2 weeks when I first started the meds so I was not home alone. But in the end it is helping me. I hope you will reconsider

weary
03-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Awesome!!!! That's great news!

Thank you Trinidiva

weary
03-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Congratulations and well done that's great to hear.....

Thank you vicky

weary
03-19-2013, 07:48 PM
So happy for you weary. What a difference a week makes.

Jamus you are so right amazing what 3 days can do of no stress

biliwiz
03-20-2013, 04:58 AM
I'm very happy for you. Now let's see you keep that momentum and energy going!

alankay
03-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Yay! Darn good to hear this.:) Alankay