PDA

View Full Version : is my anxiety improving? Please enter and help

mglover92
03-19-2013, 02:27 AM
So its been 2 days and I FEEL like my anxiety may be getting better. I have intrusive thoughts of becoming suicidal, going crazy, or becoming depressed. Well I have been practicing the linden method and I have noticed that the symptoms and thoughts are not as bad and do not come as often and they dont scare me as much as they use to...they still come but it is slowly diminishing and I think I may be on the right path to the road to recovery.

a couple things iv been practicing

1. When I get an intrusive thought I laugh at it and smile
2. I just let the thoughts come and go and dont force anything
3. I dont google what is wrong with me
4. I have been using distraction quite alot

Are these some good steps? Its like I am literally changing my mood. Whenever I use to have an intrusive thought or something my mood would automatically drop but now I have been practicing to keep my mood up when they happen and I feel they are less powerful..

Now my question is how long until they FULLY go away? Will it naturally just go away like a memory in my life? They are becoming less stressful however I do still have my sudden random thoughts that are kind of scary but its not as bad anymore..

am I on the right path?

biliwiz
03-19-2013, 08:51 AM
Hey! You are doing really great!

Personally, I don't know the Linden method but all of those actions you have put into effect all make sense.

Also, take a look at these guides:

I was going to post a link here, but as is is my first post I can't. However if you google 'centre for clinical intervention stress' you will find an Australian site with really good materials for dealing with all thpes of stress and anxiety.

The content will probably reinforce what you are already aware of and you may find some other useful information there. I followed their guides for health anxiety and had my last panic attack in December last year.

Please remember that you will soon feel you are 'cured', but you should try to keep applying all you have learned. I stopped paying attention and have slipped back a little, having to deal with the 'threats' more often than I should be. However, I still haven't had an attack!

Keep up the good work, you are doing excellently!

Love and Peace!