PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone

DannyB
03-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Hey,

Im Dan. I was diagnosed with Anxiety and panic disorder about 1 year ago, and it has gradually got worse.

It all started when i was going on holiday, i was at the airport waiting to board the plane when i started to feel weird (butterflies, heart racing, sweaty hands ect...) all i could think of was that i was going to die. So i got on the plane and once i was up in the air i was fine. And then a few weeks later i was at work and i was getting chest pains (sharp stabbing pains) and i started to worry so i called the Docs and made an appointment.The doctor checked me over and said i was fine and he sent me to my local hospital to have some cardio checks. This was not for a couple of weeks but up until the day i had my cardio tests i had chest pains. I did the cardio tests and the doctor said i was very fit for a big guy (i was 25 stone at that time).

So i just carried on with my day to day routine trying not to think about the chest pains. About 2 months later I was going away for a weekend to spain and then the samething happened again at the airport but it was worse, i hid my pain as i was with friends and i was embarressed. As soon as the weekend was over i went straight to the doctors again and explained everything throughly and thats when i was diadnosed with Anxiety and Panic disorder.

I went to the doctors 3 weeks ago as i had bad stomach pains and was either constipated or had diarrehea and i have now been diagnosed with IBS. and have since lost 3 stone which is good as im a big guy but not good as i didnt want to lose the weight in this way.

I was never prescribed any medication but was given an appoinment to attened a Stress class to see if that could help. To this day i have been trying to use the techniques provided but i have had no luck. To this day they have got worse. I now get pains all over my body , and the most frightening ones are the head pains! Everything i tried to do to help it go away just make it come back worse. I used to be outgoing, everyweekend i was out with friends, to the cinema, on holiday. And i have now slowly been pushed back indoors and the thought of going out to places can set me off. I get thoughts running through my mind constantly telling me im going to die, or someone i love is going to die. I have nightmares that im going to die or someone is trying to kill me. It is starting to take its toll on me and im even thinking of quiting my job as it is getting that bad. I want to go to the doctors but im scared whatever medication they give me will give me a heart attack. I even had 3 sessions of Psycotherapy and it didnt have any effect on me. I feel like i am going crazy with my thoughts.

L

The reason for all of this is because 2 years ago i lost my sister to meningitis B. She was 18 years old and died suddenly and now i cannot get the thoughts out of my head that im going to die suddenly.

The only time i feel ok is when im sitting in my room playing my xbox which i a sad thing to say. My Partner is very understanding and is helping me through this tough time.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my story.

Regards,
Dan.