PDA

View Full Version : What helps at night?

Chriss
03-16-2013, 04:55 PM
What helps everyone relax and sleep at night without medication and stressing out?

Usually, I'm totally fine during the day but as I wrap up and get home, have dinner, and do some work the mind starts working. And then the body reacts with random pains. Typical anxiety.

But when you get into bed, and everything is turned off, your mind really gets into overdrive. Why is my chest aching? Is there a tumor in there? Is it anxiety? Maybe a pinched nerve? What about a spasm? If I fall asleep now will I get enough sleep? You know the drill.

What works for you guys when everything is off but your brain and you really want to get some rest?

Chriss
03-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Great stuff so far. Haha

sunnysalient
03-25-2013, 09:38 PM
I turn on music or write, maybe even read a book. I also have a little game called 7 Little Words on my phone that really helps put me to bed when I'm feeling anxious.

nf1234
03-25-2013, 09:44 PM
I find that some tv followed by some reading helps occupy my mind and help me wind down. Also any kind of soothing tea. I sometimes take melatonin to help me fall asleep fast. Magnesium helps too. There's really a ton of supplements that are out there that help too.