PDA

View Full Version : really bad morning

msduty2013
03-15-2013, 07:33 AM
My anxiety is awful this morning because I let my husband take the car and he will be gone most of the day. for some reason my mind has decided I am going to have some major medical issue while he is gone and I wont be able to get help. I know this is stupid because I can see an ambulance station from my front door. It makes me feel better to type it out so thanks for listening!

NixonRulz
03-15-2013, 08:20 AM
Funny how we think of things that are our safety net

You aren't really afraid of that. Your anxiety is trying to trick yoursel into thinking that.

When we are not anxious, we laugh at how ridiculous our thoughts were when we were anxious

Keep that in mind. Write your crazy thoughts down and how dumb they were when you were felling fine

When you feel anxius, look at your written word to remind you that it is anxiety calling and your thoughts are not reality

Have a wonderful, anxiety free day.

msduty2013
03-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Whats funny is right after I posted this I calmed down and went back to sleep for a few hours. All it took was saying or in fhis case typing it out loud

NixonRulz
03-15-2013, 11:32 AM
Great to hear

Its just that easy!

abartlett331
03-15-2013, 11:41 AM
I also woke up with slight anxiety today. I simply took a deep breath, served myself a cup of coffee, and hopped on the forum. You're right, typing out loud really does help!

NixonRulz
03-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Sounds like the 3 of us just found the cure!

msduty2013
03-16-2013, 12:39 AM
Maybe! Its like saying it makes us realize how silly it is. Or maybe its just knowing your not alone anymore others are listening. But most of all I think its putting all that energy you were using to worry into something else.

NixonRulz
03-16-2013, 05:26 AM
I two sentences you summed up the key to success