PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety attacks cause intrusive suicidial thoughts?

mglover92
03-15-2013, 02:49 AM
I just want to say, no I am not suicidal. However I have intrusive thoughts or fear of becoming depressed and a fear of suicide. Last night I had a panic attack and during the attack these thoughts popped up. They just felt really real and it just made me scared. Luckily it went away and I feel fine. At the time it felt like it was the only escape. and its just I felt that I was going to be like this forever and I had the what if scenarios in my head like "what if I end up acting on these thoughts" Its just scary as fuck and it was a horrible feeling and I hope it never happens. Those thoughts are what triggered my panic attack..

alankay
03-15-2013, 05:00 AM
It's all anxiety and bad anxiety feeds on itself and causes these "what if thoughts" to go on and mature to whatever bad scenario you can think of. Anxiety is the root issue on this but what's causing the anxiety? That's what counselors are for. Alankay

msduty2013
03-15-2013, 07:36 AM
I have had that happen to me when my anxiety was really bad and I was aftaid I wouldnt be able to stop them

NixonRulz
03-15-2013, 08:23 AM
One of the most common irrational thoughts are feeling like you may hurt yourself or someone you love

All of us have felt that same way at some point

Your symptoms are not special to only you. It is normal to think that way when you are anxious

Because they scare you so much, that tells you how there is no way in the world that you would do any of those awful things

Find something else to worry about!!!!! LOL

nessiesnow
03-15-2013, 09:49 AM
One of the most common irrational thoughts are feeling like you may hurt yourself or someone you love

All of us have felt that same way at some point

Your symptoms are not special to only you. It is normal to think that way when you are anxious

Because they scare you so much, that tells you how there is no way in the world that you would do any of those awful things

Find something else to worry about!!!!! LOL

I have had intrusive unwanted thoughts about hurting myself or the ones I love, which I know I would never do but it's so scary you think you may lose control and do something and then that makes it worse. I'm glad to know I'm not they only one but hate it for all of us.