PDA

View Full Version : new here, hello, been doing this anxiety thing for 8 years. getting better though.

scottf
03-14-2013, 08:08 AM
hello, im new here, 52 years old . had one heart attack, i have been dealing with anxiety disorder for 8 years. i was fine one day and it literally came out of nowhere in just a few hours. massive panic attacks, anxiety.24/7. i had to go on disability. things have never been the same. but in time i have become more optimistic about it. i didnt know there were any forums on the internet about this subject, i got curious and found several. this one seemed to be the most active. i used to have it so bad i couldnt barely leave the house. im getting better though. i have found that getting better is more like a journey than anything else. it takes time. i have found several ways of dealing with it,. counseling is one, especially if your new to this disorder. i found that if you dont get help early ( like me ), it can take over your life and actually cause very unpleasant physical symptoms as well. getting a counselor is very important. a good one can help you put it in its place and help you put it in perspective. i look forward to meeting others with the same problem. thanks scott f.

alankay
03-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Yep Scott, get help early is what I always encourage.
Just wondering if they've ruled out any underlying medical condition(apart from the heart) causing the anxiety as if you were just predisposed to anxiety it should have manifested earlier in life. Yep I could be all from the heart attack too. Just a thought. Alankay