PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety is driving me crazy help!!!!!

matt25healthanx
03-13-2013, 06:24 PM
for just over a year now iv been have anxiety, it is all ways about my health and im just about to drop dead or faint or have a fir or stroke but this never happens when I calm down I feel stupid for what I was thinking.then an hour/day/week im doin it again and I found that every so offten I focus on something and im sure its whats wrong with me from palpitations(heart attack), , dizzness(fit/drop dead) to weird visual problems iv been experiencing just lately.iv had my eyes tested everthing fine so I convince myself its something wrong with my brain.when I have had nights out an drank way to much the last 6ish times iv woke up with qhat I could only call after images in both my eyes like a camera flash but they stay with me all day till I have a nights sleep an then their gone, but the memory of them hasn't and im left panicking for weeks about it iv told my doc she said could just be dehydration.i really want to believe her but mixed in with the wobbly vision I get pretty much every day it is scareing the shit out of me, it is never far from my thoughts and the cycle keeps happening I think about I start feeling 'funny' like I aint here and dizzy and just like crap mix it in with the odd palp for good measure an I feel like death aswell as feeling insane!!!! is this juste or r their people out their that r goin through this as wel?

xxcraigiexx
03-13-2013, 08:23 PM
I know exactly what you are feeling. For the past year and a half I have been suffering with health anxiety. I used to not worry at all and then I started to get palpitations, dizziness, chest pains, and the vision changes. I went to two different doctors and they both told me the same thing that I was fine and because of my anxiety I am much more "in tune" with every little feeling in my body. I still had every test done from an MRI to an ultrasound of my heart. Its just really hard to convince myself that it is just anxiety and nothing more serious, I have felt like my body is going completely out of control. It has gotten better with time but I know I still have a long way to go...stay strong :)

jamus75
03-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Been having health anxiety for 12 years now. I'm 38 and after all this time and numerous tests and doctors telling me nothing is wrong, I still can't make myself believe it. I've had all the above symptoms and it always passes. I know that it's anxiety and panic but can't convince my brain to stop overreacting to every little sensation my body feels. I have however learned to shut down most panic attacks 90% of the Time bf they get going. Everyday worry and anxiety is still my problem.

Nic
03-14-2013, 05:04 AM
you need to look up charles linden... he helped me with my anxiety... do the method.. it saved my life... good luck

trinidiva
03-14-2013, 06:15 AM
Been having health anxiety for 12 years now. I'm 38 and after all this time and numerous tests and doctors telling me nothing is wrong, I still can't make myself believe it. I've had all the above symptoms and it always passes. I know that it's anxiety and panic but can't convince my brain to stop overreacting to every little sensation my body feels. I have however learned to shut down most panic attacks 90% of the Time bf they get going. Everyday worry and anxiety is still my problem.

EXACTLY the same for me. I could of written this.

matt25healthanx
03-14-2013, 07:25 AM
I know exactly what you are feeling. For the past year and a half I have been suffering with health anxiety. I used to not worry at all and then I started to get palpitations, dizziness, chest pains, and the vision changes. I went to two different doctors and they both told me the same thing that I was fine and because of my anxiety I am much more "in tune" with every little feeling in my body. I still had every test done from an MRI to an ultrasound of my heart. Its just really hard to convince myself that it is just anxiety and nothing more serious, I have felt like my body is going completely out of control. It has gotten better with time but I know I still have a long way to go...stay strong :)

its hard to stay strong when ur head an body r tellin u their is something wrong 70% of time and the other 30% of the time im thinking and worrying about it lol.iv had to ecgs and my eyes tested twice in the last 12 months everything is fine but the scary thing for me is that I am just tellin myself it health anxiety and it isn't its something and the docs tell me its anxiety but its not it is somethingi know it sound like the health anxiety talking but its the real fear of mine, also goin to the docs and them sending me for an mri and finding something I think my head would just explode lol

NixonRulz
03-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Write all theh symptoms you have and see your doctor and discuss and have he/she run any necessary tests.....ONCE

If you get a clean bill of health, it is your anxiety symptoms.

stephanie21
03-14-2013, 03:54 PM
I feel all your symptoms also! April will be a year I've been going crazy!!! an the funniest thing is I say I'm going to drop dead too to everyone an I feel dumb saying it but I really think I'm going to drop dead an people think its funny or I'm crazy I have major health anxiety it's ruining my life I feel for you!! :(