PDA

View Full Version : Rib pain

Andyh657
03-13-2013, 09:56 AM
The last couple of days I've had pain in my lower right rib, very tender to touch, also feels a bit swollen. I've made a doctors appointment for the 26th, until then I'm just drinking water as I'm convinced its my liver :( I have been drinking too much since having Anxiety as it helps me relax but I'm knocking that on the head now. I have constant pain in the centre of my chest anyway so maybe it's something to do with that, anyone else had this? Maybe this is a wake up call to my alcohol intake.

raggamuffin
03-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Rip pains are very common with anxiety. I've had rib pain in every conceivable rib. Chest pains too sometimes lasting weeks at a time. The more you worry about it the logner it'll last. Convincing yourself it's something drastic when there's no other symptoms other than an ache is classic anxious mindset. I'm sure it's nothing more than muscle fatigue from a tired body. The body can only handle so much stress before it starts giving off signals such as aches and pains to let you know it needs to rest up and recover.

Ed

joshhiboii
03-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Eds right muscle pain is sworn to anxiety due to the muscle tension your muscles have probly been so tense over the course of anxiety and now there simple worn out to the max the same as my my abdomen is sore to push and various other muscles n i also have very bad fatique hope it eases your mind bud

Andyh657
03-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Cheers for the replys boys, went to an out of hours doctor as I broke out in a rash, was panicking big time! Turns out I have shingles, quite relieved tho as I thought it was liver failure, typical anxiety I guess always thinking the worst!
Turns out shingles can be brought on my stress an stuff like that. Got medication now so time to put my feet up :)

emtw12
08-02-2013, 05:17 AM
How have you been since you're last post Andy?

catchaneye
08-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Ribs could be anything. Anxiety, bruises, alcohol, infections. Try not to worry about it. Silly i no on a anxiety forum but if it is your anxiety your only going to make it worse by over thinking.