PDA

View Full Version : Addicted to xanax

kerrielee
03-13-2013, 05:23 AM
Had a particularly bad bout of anxiety about work stress last week nearly sent me off the edge. I used my Xanax to get through it usually 5mg a day taking 0.25 twice couple of the days I needed more. Back to only 0.25 Sunday - tues and want to avoid today (only meant to take it to stave off attack) but I'm dizzy and having bit of dereal? Am I addicted??? Or am I just being anxious!!!

alankay
03-13-2013, 05:42 AM
You're just anxious but I do feel many do better with a longer acting benzo like Ativan or klonopin so ask about them. Their effects will last longer. You may also be better off on a AD for a while and get some counseling to find a cause for your anxiety I there is one. Alankay

kerrielee
03-13-2013, 06:14 AM
Thanks Alankay will ask about avitan. I'm on lexapro so the Xanax is just for crisis management. Would prefer not to take it to r honest but last week was just so bad

Had a camomile and 10 minutes out so feeling less dizzy.

jamus75
03-13-2013, 10:02 PM
Xanax is more addictive Bc of the immediate relief it gives u as Ativan provides same relief but doesn't work as fast and last longer.

kerrielee
03-14-2013, 03:44 AM
Sounds better for me. Got my first brain zap from taking no Xanax for the day yesterday. It was mental!

Think I need to try something else.