PDA

View Full Version : Nauseas ALL day... anxiety?

KillingTime
07-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Ive been having a lot of panic attacks for the past year or so... not sure what started them. My main symptom is always extreme nausea, to the point where I can't talk. I have a huge fear of throwing up in public or eating in front of people... it's all nausea related.

Anyway, this past year, in general i am nauseas/bloated/upset stomach most of the day. It's not just when I get a panic attack but it's pretty normal for me to wake up completely nauseas and like I need to vomit.
I've had all kinds of tests done and physically there's nothing wrong to be found.

I used to be the typical guy in his twenties, ate like a horse, I was known for eating like 6-8x per day (weightlifting) and I was never even full. Now, I feel like a crippled senior citizen... I mean eating is a chore since I'm always nauseas or feel like I have to go to the bathroom.
My question is, is this anxiety related? I literally wake up like this, it's just a constant thing.

imported_admin
07-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Hi Killing Time...it is a well known fact that people experience bad anxiety also suffer from nausea/bloating/upset stomach. When my anxiety was at its worse my stomach was also upset most of the time.

Are you doing anything to treat your anxiety? Like meds or psychologist?

KillingTime
07-04-2007, 12:59 PM
I am starting Lucinda Bassett's Attacking Anxiety program and was just prescribed an SSRI.

It's hard to get a grip on the nausea because I literally wake up like that. It says in the program that when you feel the symptoms coming on, you can choose to accept them and relax rather than fight them.

That's fine for the panic attacks where I get extremely nauseas, but the general nausea/bloating/upset stomach that I have all day is hard to work with since it's there from the moment I open my eyes in the morning.
I guess it's just a lingering symptom of anxiety/depression that will go away with time.
Just two years ago I would wake up starving and be so hungry all day... now I eat and I pretty much have to gag my food down, then lie down for about twenty minutes until my nausea calms down.