Nicolette
03-12-2013, 08:00 AM
what is bothering you today jay?

Jay1985
03-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Something's wrong with me I can feel it

NixonRulz
03-12-2013, 09:08 AM
Write some stuff that you are feeling so we can tell you what you already know about it being anxiety symptoms

Sometimes helps just to write them down

jessed03
03-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Sometimes helps just to write them down

Everybody should do this, it is so helpful. Once they are on paper, they aren't your thoughts anymore. They are just words on paper. You are looking at them, not interacting with them. You can slowly begin to see how irrational they are. It's very beneficial to the mind. It's like a bit of a wake up call sometimes.

I've totally overcome one or two fears, simply by seeing them written down infront of me, and realizing how unlikely, and how illogical they were.

klewis
03-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Wow...I can so relate to the feeling of "Something is wrong with me I know it." I have freaked myself out many times with that. I never thought of writing it down. I really appreciate that suggestion and I think I will try it next time seems like it just might help. Also, I hope you are doing better now Jay!

vicky
03-12-2013, 10:42 AM
I can relate to that too jay, but I am starting to feel better mentally and my 'symptoms' are slowly disappearing...

jessed03
03-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Wow...I can so relate to the feeling of "Something is wrong with me I know it." I have freaked myself out many times with that. I never thought of writing it down. I really appreciate that suggestion and I think I will try it next time seems like it just might help. Also, I hope you are doing better now Jay!

Yeah, it helped me a lot. I had brain anuresym, and heart problem anxiety for a while. Every night I would have a panic attack, and sit and write down what I was fearing. Then I'd read it back in the morning, and it's like a lightbulb went off in my head. I thought; "Every night, for TWO MONTHS, I've been convinced I was dying from a brain or heart problem, and was minutes from death... Yet every morning it goes! Chances are, this is 99.9999999% anxiety!!"

Writing it down made me notice all the patterns that were happening. IT happened EVERY night, and then stopped. I could FINALLY begin to believe it was anxiety, and start to just accept the attacks as attacks, instead of worrying I was deathly ill.

Jay1985
03-12-2013, 11:27 AM
I went back to docs AGAIN, he checked me over AGAIN, said everything's fine and it's all in my head

Said if I carry on to consider CBT

But also believes I can pull myself through the other side

vicky
03-12-2013, 03:51 PM
What are all of your symptoms? I know it's hard to believe when you actually feel like you're dying, but I'm currently starting to accept it as most of my symptoms have gone...

janey
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
I actually fear writing my thoughts down. I feel like that's recording them and making them permanent. They will be on that paper forever and I won't be able to destroy it enough. I want no proof of them. Some of my thoughts wouldn't seem illogical on paper to me, I would feel it's confirming them.

It's okay Jay, I don't feel so great today either! It's just one of those days, but a new day will come and everything will be okay.

jessed03
03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
I actually fear writing my thoughts down. I feel like that's recording them and making them permanent. They will be on that paper forever and I won't be able to destroy it enough. I want no proof of them. Some of my thoughts wouldn't seem illogical on paper to me, I would feel it's confirming them.

You have more OCD type thoughts Janey. Logical persuasion won't really solve them. It would just become another compulsion trying to destroy the paper.

For people who suffer hypochondria, there isn't really any compulsion element involved. It's more of a case of being terrified at the way their body is acting, and an over-active fear of something that they probably don't have.

You can rationalise with a fear. You can't rationalise with a compulsion.

vicky
03-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Good post jessed