PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety triggers

Jay1985
03-12-2013, 03:15 AM
What triggers yours?

Why is it, I didn't feel anything in specific parts, but once I've googled something & see it

I start getting feelings in those areas

NixonRulz
03-12-2013, 04:48 AM
Words like heart, heart attack, stroke, hypertension, panic, blood pressure scared the hell out of me.

Cancer stuff never scared me. I guess it wasn't sudden enough to get me going.

jessed03
03-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Why is it, I didn't feel anything in specific parts, but once I've googled something & see it

A man goes to the doctors and says; 'Doctor, I've broken my arm in several places'....
The Doctor replies 'Well stop going to those places....'

Your story reminds me of that joke. If Google is causing a lot of your anxiety, STOP GOOOOOOGLING! :)

NixonRulz
03-12-2013, 06:54 AM
A man goes to the doctors and says; 'Doctor, I've broken my arm in several places'....
The Doctor replies 'Well stop going to those places....'

Your story reminds me of that joke. If Google is causing a lot of your anxiety, STOP GOOOOOOGLING! :)

That joke is so bad that it is actually really funny!

klewis
03-12-2013, 10:37 AM
he he! That is kind of a funny joke! Jay....when I am feeling panicky I sometimes start to google my symptoms...which can be really bad. There is a thread on here somewhere about not googling symptoms that a few people are doing. Since that thread started I have only googled em once. Its hard to break that habit when it is there but when you focus on it it seems like it just makes it worse. :) Thats just my two cents. I have had bad days too though so I can empathize with what you are going through today. I hope that as the day goes along you start feeling better!