PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got ibs?

james1321
03-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Does anyone have ibs and ways of dealing with the pain?

Nicolette
03-11-2013, 02:01 PM
have you tried probiotics? doctors call the stomach the second brain, if you are having problems with it it seems usually you will have some mood or thinking problems too.

peppermint oil works well for my aunt. depends how bad yours is. stress is a main contributor too. so once you can lower that, you will lower your problem.

vicky
03-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Yes I suffered recently due to anxiety. I would be interested to see what other people had to say. I just what what I ate. Not much help sorry :-(

joshhiboii
03-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Hi there since I started worrying chronically my stomach has gone wild stools are all different shapes and colours abdominal discomfort this was all since i started worrying abut illnesses

raggamuffin
03-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Had 2 months of solid unrelenting stomach aches. Doctors said it was IBS, GP said it was IBS. I did for 2 months. Then one day I just said "No it's just anxiety" after having tried 5 prescription IBS meds without any benefit. 48 hours later after removing the fear and worry I had no more stomach ache.

The more time you dedicate fear and worry to a symptom the longer it'll last.

Ed

marki_marc
03-13-2013, 10:14 AM
yeah i do im not sure how it is for everyone but for me its all stress related try to eliminate your stress or minimize it as much as you can that should be your priority because it dosnt matter what you eat and how much you eat if your severely stressed you will get stomach cramps diarea nausea no matter how good your diet is and when your stress is better controled try keeping a diary and write what foods give you pain and those that dont and try eating 5-6 smalls meals a day