PDA

View Full Version : Heart flutters, palpitations, racing heart

cat eyes
03-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Hi,

I been getting almost on a daily base heart flutters, palpitation, racing heart and skipped beat feeling. How do I know it's coming from my heart? I am so scared.

kelsta
03-10-2013, 08:01 PM
They are all symptoms of anxiety.! I was so scared when I first felt the flutters but my doctor assured me as she does on a regular basis that's it the anxiety n that's all... I know it's hard not to stress but just note the things that actually happen to u with yr anxiety. There is a long list for me...

cat eyes
03-10-2013, 08:03 PM
They are all symptoms of anxiety.! I was so scared when I first felt the flutters but my doctor assured me as she does on a regular basis that's it the anxiety n that's all... I know it's hard not to stress but just note the things that actually happen to u with yr anxiety. There is a long list for me...

It's so scary though I think there is something wrong with my heart and I will pass out or die. I take 30mg of celexa and no help. My body gets weak and shaky.

suz245
03-11-2013, 08:09 AM
I was put on beta blockers for that but you should say to your doctor about it i had a 24 hr tape strapped to me just to check my heart rythym but it was ok some people have an uneven heartbeat but thats normal... But most medications can cause your heart to race.. Check the leaflet with the meds x

cat eyes
03-11-2013, 09:25 AM
I was put on beta blockers for that but you should say to your doctor about it i had a 24 hr tape strapped to me just to check my heart rythym but it was ok some people have an uneven heartbeat but thats normal... But most medications can cause your heart to race.. Check the leaflet with the meds x

I will. Thank u.

jamus75
03-11-2013, 11:53 PM

How's the beta blocker working for u? I was prescribed one but scared to take it. Sounds like a cure all but just don't know if its the right move for me.

Lorenz86
03-12-2013, 12:12 AM
I get the same feeling... Racing heart skipped beat, etc. It is a scary feeling. I sometimes feel my heart is going to give out and I am going to drop dead or have a heart attack. This is on a daily basis, but once i calm myself down i'll be good until night comes around. I don't want to go on medication, so I am currently taking a 2 pills of valerian & hops at night.(I get them from a company called Amway) They are all natural.

jenn15
03-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Hello, I am new here and i am currently going through the same thing. my mother passed away suddenly 3 months ago and my anxiety has come back. Sometimes i feel a nervous jolt in my stomach along with constant butterflies that I pay way to much attention too and then I "think" i feel palpitations or flutters. I had EKG (4 of them) 1 at the ER after a full blown panic attack one night. I have seen my MD, cardiologist etc. They keep sayin its anxiety. But how can my heart do this and not have anything wrong? Its an awful feeling.

jamus75
03-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Hello, I am new here and i am currently going through the same thing. my mother passed away suddenly 3 months ago and my anxiety has come back. Sometimes i feel a nervous jolt in my stomach along with constant butterflies that I pay way to much attention too and then I "think" i feel palpitations or flutters. I had EKG (4 of them) 1 at the ER after a full blown panic attack one night. I have seen my MD, cardiologist etc. They keep sayin its anxiety. But how can my heart do this and not have anything wrong? Its an awful feeling.

I've been to ER numerous times and thought for sure I was having a heart attack. Test after test told me nothing physically wrong. Panic attacks and anxiety. Skipped beats, racing fast pulse, dizziness, hard palpitations, hot flashes, sweating, jitteriness, stomach issues, and overall feeling of dread.

suz245
07-25-2013, 06:16 AM
i have this all the tome just now i feel like my heart jumps and flutters in my chest it even makes me cough... i have an ectopic beat a little extra beat in between sometimes but its constant just now i cant sleep for it its so intrusive.... im 9 weeks cold turkey off valium so it may be to do with that ... i know how scarey it feels esp when you think your going to die x