PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Anxiety Time

Chriss
03-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Hi everyone,

New to the forums, have been reading and lurking for a while but thought it would be time to share some problems I'm having with the hope of the community helping out and getting my head straight!

I'm 28 years old and live a decently healthy life style. I eat healthy food, vegetable juices daily, take a multivitamin, hike and exercise in the gym at least 5x a week. I live by myself and work a demanding career as an entrepreneur. I'm usually up late hours working on my business which is a very stressful business due to many factors associated with starting a company and dealing with many things.

I use to be a very out going guy in my early twenties, would always be out socializing and having fun. But I grew up and have priority to my dreams and ambitions. I'm very passionate and driven and demand excellence in myself and in my work. Cue: stress.

I had my first panic attack about a year ago. It was pretty scary, the usual "I'm gonna die symptoms" but it went away. I also have an interest in medicine and am developing medical technologies so the hypochondria kicks in as well. Anytime my chest hurts, I think heart attack or lung cancer.

I've been to doctors, my blood work is perfect, lungs are fine, cardiologist said I'm stressed but all my tests were fine, including ECG and echos. But yet I still have anxiety and I really want to work on getting rid of it without medicine.

So I guess it's important for me to introduce my symptoms and myself. I know this is a neurological disease and I don't want it to become chronic. We're all stressed and have symptoms of anxiety and I do get that. But sometimes, my body just doesn't want to understand that I'm fine.

I guess the only changes in my life within the past few years have been a much more demanding lifestyle with work, less social interaction because of work (although I do date, and have some good friends) but its just killing me that I feel like the world is ending sometimes or that I have some debilitating disease.

I just wanted to share in the hope that I'll get some advice and talk to people going through similar pains.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, stress free.