PDA

View Full Version : Coming off lexapro

lizlemon
03-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Hi everyone,

I have been on lexapro for a few years now and I'm in the process off trying to come off it. So far I have tapered down from 15mg to 10mg and I'm going to reduce my dose by 5mg every two weeks until I'm off it. Does this sound like a plan to you guys? Any advise would be great. Thanks

anxietysux
03-10-2013, 05:59 AM
Hi! I just recently came off of Lexapro. I was on 20 mil so I went down to 10 for 2 weeks than to 5 for 2 and than I just stopped! I'm not going to lie, it was tough! I was constantly dizzy , crying, laughing , or mad! Once it was totally out of my system I leveled out! I've been off of it since the beginning of January and I doing fine. Good luck!!

xxcraigiexx
03-11-2013, 10:15 AM
I got off lexapro in July 2012 and it was a nightmare but I did get through it. Everyday for about two months I had to deal with nausea, dizziness, appetite changes, and last but not least "brain zaps" which feel like your brain is being shocked with low voltage. I went to the doctor and he told me they were a normal body response. Its just funny that the doctors never mention how hard it is to get off these medications but they are so quick to prescribe them...stay strong!