PDA

View Full Version : Lexapro

stephanie21
03-08-2013, 06:42 PM
I was prescribed lexapro?
I have the worst health anxiety I don't feel depressed but I guess I am..... Has anyone tried it??? I'm terrified to take medication I'm scared of side effects anyone have a good experience off lexapro my doc preferred that over Paxil?

NixonRulz
03-08-2013, 07:03 PM
I know lots of people that had great success with it.

Remember that your anxiety makes you scared of the side effects

Nothing at all to worry about

anxietysux
03-08-2013, 08:20 PM
I was on it for a couple years. I just recently got off it to start a family. I am also afraid to take different meds, but this med helped me a lot! Take it!!! It will make you feel better :)

Brittany1995
03-08-2013, 10:34 PM
I've been on lexapro for 2 days!:) nothing bad so far.

Brittany1995
03-08-2013, 10:35 PM
And I have super crazy health anxiety.

escarchazul
03-09-2013, 01:27 AM
I have been on lexapro for two days so far. I have a big fear of the medication overall, I fear the medication will hurt me. I just want to get pass this first few days and that I will be ok...:(

escarchazul
03-09-2013, 02:00 AM
I know lots of people that had great success with it.

Remember that your anxiety makes you scared of the side effects

Nothing at all to worry about

Omg yes that is what I'm struggling right now. I started on Lexapro two days ago and I have anxiety of side effects. Even thought doctor told me is safe to take. I still struggle :(

Brittany1995
03-09-2013, 02:06 AM
I'm taking another medication with it. But I've noticed no side effects....yet!

escarchazul
03-09-2013, 02:14 AM
I'm taking another medication with it. But I've noticed no side effects....yet!

My doctor gave me Adivan as needed, cuz it makes me anxious thinking of the meds. I need to get trough this first couple of weeks

Brittany1995
03-09-2013, 02:24 AM
I'm taking A low dose Xanax to help sleep at night until the lexapro kicks in. Or if I'm having a bad attack. These past couple of days have been good! I haven't had a "freak out" as I call them. And I've been getting out of the house! I think it's mostly just having like, an optimistic outlook on the situation. :) striving for a better life!

becki
03-09-2013, 04:36 AM
I've been on lexapro since early November and I love it!! I started out on 10 mg and have settled at 15mg please go back and read my old posts about it. I'm making such progress and doing so so so much more and I love being out and about and I'm more social now too because I'm no longer afraid to do things. I'm happy to answer any questions you have. My side effects were headaches and being tired. However I started the meds 3 weeks after major surgery then at 6 weeks post op I returned to work full time as a toddler teacher. My point being I was also tired from my busy life!! Take care!

Brittany1995
03-09-2013, 08:28 AM
I've been on lexapro since early November and I love it!! I started out on 10 mg and have settled at 15mg please go back and read my old posts about it. I'm making such progress and doing so so so much more and I love being out and about and I'm more social now too because I'm no longer afraid to do things. I'm happy to answer any questions you have. My side effects were headaches and being tired. However I started the meds 3 weeks after major surgery then at 6 weeks post op I returned to work full time as a toddler teacher. My point being I was also tired from my busy life!! Take care!

Your story makes me hopeful that Lexapro will work for me! I really hope it does! Lol!

stephanie21
03-09-2013, 10:07 AM
I have been on lexapro for two days so far. I have a big fear of the medication overall, I fear the medication will hurt me. I just want to get pass this first few days and that I will be ok...:(

That's exactly what I fear I still haven't started it I literally just stare at the bottle I fear I'm going to take it an out of nowhere an want to take my life I've never wanted to take my life but that's what I'm scared of. Or have a allergic reaction or heart attack I know I need to be strong I have a 19 month old that needs me an I have not been myself for my son I want to go places with him by myself I can't even watch him by myself because I'm scared I'm going to faint or pass out an no one will be there to call 911 ahhhh so much is on my mind I feel like I need to be in the hospital for a week if I want to take it an know it won't hurt me :(

stephanie21
03-09-2013, 10:13 AM

My doctor gave me 10 mg to start with also but I'm just toooo scared to start it I have this huge fear of dying an this huge fear the medication will change me or I will be worse.... April will be a year that I've been freaking out weekly an being in an out of the emergency room April will also be a year since I've driven a car because of my fear of fainting while driving then dying an leaving my 19 month old without a mommy. I can go on with all these sicknesses I think I have I have tried natural remedies that did not work this is my last hope :( I will def read your posts an look at your progress anything will help me right about now

becki
03-10-2013, 09:26 AM
My doctor gave me 10 mg to start with also but I'm just toooo scared to start it I have this huge fear of dying an this huge fear the medication will change me or I will be worse.... April will be a year that I've been freaking out weekly an being in an out of the emergency room April will also be a year since I've driven a car because of my fear of fainting while driving then dying an leaving my 19 month old without a mommy. I can go on with all these sicknesses I think I have I have tried natural remedies that did not work this is my last hope :( I will def read your posts an look at your progress anything will help me right about now

Why not start out on 5 mg for a few weeks? That might make you feel better to start at an even lower dose. Just don't think it's not working because its a tiny amount and it takes 4-6 weeks. Of course I'm no doc ;-)) just my thoughts to get you to relax a bit. I was nervous too.