PDA

View Full Version : Why cant i just believe the docs?

Jay1985
03-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Why why why

mellymel
03-08-2013, 11:30 AM
:( I don't think any of us do.

NixonRulz
03-08-2013, 11:31 AM
uh....you have an anxiety disorder

That allows us to know way more than those whitecoats

Jay1985
03-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Lol Nixon you are funny

Nicolette
03-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Lol Nixon you are funny

Oh dear, don't encourage him! :D

majored
03-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I have health anxiety,

I have been having health problems worrying about what I have wrong with me. I go to the doctors and then worry about what they are going to tell me I have. They don't know and they guess, ( well I say guess they have some sort of idea, what I mean is they can tell me with out doing tests) Then the offer me a test then I worry about having the test done . I worry about what they are going to find so I cant have the test done. The whole thing just goes round and round. Its took me over a year to have an endoscope, iam still waiting for the biopsy results and the anxiety for that is up and down at the moment. I ve been told many times they think I have IBS I don't believe them. I have to many other symptoms for it to be ibs. Im convinced its something else, as I have a swelling just below my ribs. Which I was told was a hernia but the scan showed it wasn't. So I worry myself to death about it and the doc tells me not to worry. So im just trying to sort this out now I have another problem. Im trying not to google it.

My other half always tells me it doesn't matter what the dr tells me I just don't believe them.

At times I really can not cope with my feeling or thoughts. It seems the anxiety makes me think the worse and doesn't allow me to believe something positive.

Jay1985
03-08-2013, 01:41 PM
And i thought my problems were bad

Hang in there brother

trinidiva
03-08-2013, 02:17 PM
uh....you have an anxiety disorder

That allows us to know way more than those whitecoats

Whitecoats!!!!! Love it!

PanicCured
03-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Because reassurance does not cure you. Your problem is deeper than just hearing you are ok. A doctor can't cure you of deep fears. Only you can do it. The good news is you can cure yourself.

alankay
03-08-2013, 03:26 PM
They are right, anxiety won't kill you.............................but damn it's feels nasty. Really nasty. Fear is an emotion we're NOT supposed to ignore but that what's needed for anxiety recovery. Yes, easier said than done.
Docs are trained more to react vigorously to things that WILL kill you. A hemorrhage, blocked airway, etc. They just reassure and rx meds and psychotherapy but some are much better than others at putting on the pdoc hat. Alankay