PDA

View Full Version : if i ever hear the word anti depressants again i will kill someone ?

marki_marc
03-06-2013, 04:40 PM
i have a good father hes there for me when i need him but he never drops the topic of anti depressants and i told him to stop and he still does it i wont take anti depressants even if i was dying i have trouble taking them regularly and pills in general make me sick ive tried taking antidepressants a million times i always had some type of problem either i forgot or i took twice the dose and all those that i took properly did not work and i always had some side effects that i hated they remained even after long periods of time like more than 6 weeks my dad probably thinks that they can be benificial but for me i feel even worse if i take some and i have a plan for my life to get better i dont wanna waste anymore money or time on this until i execute my plan i dont wanna hear that word again if my plan didnt work than i can talk about it but only if i bring it up myself and im going nuts its like doctors and people dont even get to know and whats wrong with you and they say take an anti depressant uhh so annoying i havent told anyone whats realy going on so how can they say thats what i need?

janey
03-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Wow, this post makes me very anxious. :\
Well, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. It's as simple as that.
It's said that you should take them if you feel the pros outweigh the cons. Some people are willing to risk the side effects, like me, even though I'm scared.
You can self-medicate or repair yourself in any manner you choose.

laurandisorder
03-07-2013, 02:36 AM
I'm guessing you have done this, but why don't you look for natural alternatives to anti depressants; rescue remedy, magnesium, diet and exercise like yoga and meditation can all work wonders.

They might be something you can explore with your Dad, which will help him be included and it will show you're trying. It sounds like his heart is on the right place, but medication is a choice only you can make

mrsh88
03-07-2013, 02:56 AM
Have you tried St John's Wort? It's all natural and works just as we'll as an anti-depressant but is all natural.

Brittany1995
03-07-2013, 05:03 AM
Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants
Are seriously trolling on a forum for anxiety?

janey
03-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants Antidepressants

You should be kicked off this forum.

Ahlstrom
03-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Oh god jessed you said the no no word!

kelsta
03-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Are seriously trolling on a forum for anxiety?

I agree saldav what are you doing on here ?? This is a support forum..

jessed03
03-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Oh god jessed you said the no no word!

Oops, so I have, I've asterisked it out ;)

Saldav
03-07-2013, 09:28 PM
I agree saldav what are you doing on here ?? This is a support forum..

I know it's a support forum been here longer than most of you, but dont let one dumb post that I do judge me. Their is thousands of people suffering from anxiety/depression panic etc. And "WE" count on a antidepressant to try and live a so called "normal" life, and when someone says something negative about someone having to take meds, I know most of us here have anxiety about taking meds, but when its overwhelming we have to do what we have to do to continue a "normal" path. My bad!!!

kelsta
03-07-2013, 11:07 PM
I hear u now... I'm one of those that rely on meds to help me

Brittany1995
03-08-2013, 04:00 AM
I know it's a support forum been here longer than most of you, but dont let one dumb post that I do judge me. Their is thousands of people suffering from anxiety/depression panic etc. And "WE" count on a antidepressant to try and live a so called "normal" life, and when someone says something negative about someone having to take meds, I know most of us here have anxiety about taking meds, but when its overwhelming we have to do what we have to do to continue a "normal" path. My bad!!!

I agree that being on medicine isn't a bad thing. Without it I would be bed bound.

Brittany1995
03-08-2013, 04:06 AM
i have a good father hes there for me when i need him but he never drops the topic of anti depressants and i told him to stop and he still does it i wont take anti depressants even if i was dying i have trouble taking them regularly and pills in general make me sick ive tried taking antidepressants a million times i always had some type of problem either i forgot or i took twice the dose and all those that i took properly did not work and i always had some side effects that i hated they remained even after long periods of time like more than 6 weeks my dad probably thinks that they can be benificial but for me i feel even worse if i take some and i have a plan for my life to get better i dont wanna waste anymore money or time on this until i execute my plan i dont wanna hear that word again if my plan didnt work than i can talk about it but only if i bring it up myself and im going nuts its like doctors and people dont even get to know and whats wrong with you and they say take an anti depressant uhh so annoying i havent told anyone whats realy going on so how can they say thats what i need?

Medications can be beneficial. But it can sometimes be a process to find what's right for you or whatever. And most ADs make you feel weird for like weeks before they work. But you can do the natural way by just coping with it. I find that hard, and it usually makes it worse (tried it 3 times.) just do what's best for you. But don't give up!

marki_marc
03-09-2013, 05:36 PM
were all free to do what we want