PDA

View Full Version : Need advice / help

kdubg
03-04-2013, 12:26 PM
I've been suffering from anxiety for two years. I'm on Zoloft . I went out last night and tried to relive my college days, and now I'm completely miserable. Does anyone else get this anxious when they're hungover? My anxiety is health anxiety too, so I guess that doesn't help. And yes I know when you drink on Zoloft you get extra drowsy and it offsets the medication. Just would like to hear some calming words from anyone who has been through this

jellybelly03
03-04-2013, 02:13 PM
I felt exactly the same after drinking a small rum and coke. I take citalopram and after about 40 mins drinking alcohol, the symptoms I got with my anxiety problems exacerbated. The day afterwards I felt terribly low all day, I know how you feel. I hope you're situation is the same as mine, as it didn't stay horribly like that for long. Now I avoid alcohol completely, just means its another thing that won't exacerbate my anxiety. Good luck :-)

trinidiva
03-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I don't drink at all anymore. Not that I used to drink that much before, I was more of a social drinker, one or two maybe.....
I'm just too scared of the side effects I guess, so I just decided to cut out the social drinking.

kdubg
03-04-2013, 08:03 PM
I felt exactly the same after drinking a small rum and coke. I take citalopram and after about 40 mins drinking alcohol, the symptoms I got with my anxiety problems exacerbated. The day afterwards I felt terribly low all day, I know how you feel. I hope you're situation is the same as mine, as it didn't stay horribly like that for long. Now I avoid alcohol completely, just means its another thing that won't exacerbate my anxiety. Good luck :-)

I've been through it before it just sucks so bad when you wake up and lose it. It's getting better. I use to binge drink a ton socially through college, but my last drink after last night was like 4 months ago. Feels refreshing to know people go through it too

weary
03-04-2013, 09:33 PM
I too am on Zoloft and when I started it in may 2012 that was my last drink not that I was a heavy drinker one here or there my true last drink was almost 8 yrs ago when the anxiety started I was drunk could not remember where my car was and called my dad while I was walking on the freeway. It was the next day when I realized I can t drink anymore and it was just a social drink here or there. Before the meds even that 1 or 2 drinks made my anxiety 1000 times worse.
I hope you start to feel better I would just consider backing off the drinking

kdubg
03-04-2013, 09:45 PM
I too am on Zoloft and when I started it in may 2012 that was my last drink not that I was a heavy drinker one here or there my true last drink was almost 8 yrs ago when the anxiety started I was drunk could not remember where my car was and called my dad while I was walking on the freeway. It was the next day when I realized I can t drink anymore and it was just a social drink here or there. Before the meds even that 1 or 2 drinks made my anxiety 1000 times worse.
I hope you start to feel better I would just consider backing off the drinking

Thank you for the kind words! I always feel like crap then I open this app and feel better. I know better than to do this, but sometimes I let in like that . I'm feeling kinda better but I know I'm just gonna have to wait it out now 😁

weary
03-04-2013, 10:04 PM
Push through you are strong enough to beat this if we all can just over come 1 piece of the anxiety a day we will all make it through it. I believe in you that you can put it behind you and move forward stay strong