PDA

View Full Version : Good day turned on me in a single moment

weary
03-03-2013, 06:23 PM
So I need to vent so bare with me.... I work in retail in fine jewelry no less and we have score cards and weekly and daily goals that we have to meet ..... I have been there since August 2012 our physical year ended January 31 and I am proud to say I brought in over 100,000.00 and that was after only 9,000.00 in returns give or take ....

So today my boss in the middle of the sales floor proceeds to go over my score card and began to berating me right there in front of customers and other staff members because I didn't hit my goals at all I fact it is the first time ever that I have not met these goals.

I have a rockin head cold and was finally feeling ok and accepting the feelings I was having were just due to the cold so I was able to maintain the anxiety but after her little bout with me and my replies of what and who would you like me to open and account for or sell something to when the store has been dead literally dead every night after 630......

I cried the whole way home and now my arm is numb ice cold and tingling my heart is racing, my stomach is killing me and I can't see right.

I am such a failure is how she made me feel and now I just can't get it under control....

I want to find a new job but there are so little out there I just don't know what to do

janey
03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
That's horrible of that woman! She shouldn't be talking like that in front of customers, anyway. That is very unprofessional of her. It doesn't seem like she has any room to talk.
Plus, even saying it in front of staff isn't very considerate. If she has a problem, she should talk to you privately.

You're not a failure at all, especially since you've met those goals all the other times. It seems like you're good at what you do, especially with your sales amount.

I'm sorry you were humiliated like that. I'd feel awful, too.

The job market is pretty horrible. The best way is to look while you're still working, even though it's tough to deal with a boss who would do that.

jamus75
03-03-2013, 11:00 PM
I know jobs are hard to come by these days but nobody should put up with shit like this. It's one thing for a boss to be a prick and rip people but to humiliate and belittle is something different. I would shop around for a new job or get a hold of your managers boss. Everyone answers to someone. Keep going up the chain if that don't work. When u get high enough someone will listen and handle it because that person will not want THEIR boss contacted. Believe me I have done it.

FordingTheWaters
03-03-2013, 11:42 PM
So I need to vent so bare with me.... I work in retail in fine jewelry no less and we have score cards and weekly and daily goals that we have to meet ..... I have been there since August 2012 our physical year ended January 31 and I am proud to say I brought in over 100,000.00 and that was after only 9,000.00 in returns give or take ....

So today my boss in the middle of the sales floor proceeds to go over my score card and began to berating me right there in front of customers and other staff members because I didn't hit my goals at all I fact it is the first time ever that I have not met these goals.

I have a rockin head cold and was finally feeling ok and accepting the feelings I was having were just due to the cold so I was able to maintain the anxiety but after her little bout with me and my replies of what and who would you like me to open and account for or sell something to when the store has been dead literally dead every night after 630......

I cried the whole way home and now my arm is numb ice cold and tingling my heart is racing, my stomach is killing me and I can't see right.

I am such a failure is how she made me feel and now I just can't get it under control....

I want to find a new job but there are so little out there I just don't know what to do

I'm sorry =(

Just know I'll be praying for you. We have our good days and our bad days and sometimes we have to accept that we're gonna have bad days. Not very long ago, I thought that the moment I start striding towards a recovery from anxiety, I'd be cured like that.

...If only...

I'm slowly beginning to accept that it could be months before I feel somewhat normal again. After all, it took years to get to this point...why on Earth would it be fixed in a day?

Pay your boss no mind... she might be going through things herself. Be forgiving, it will do you so much good.

I'm hoping for the best for you!

Nicolette
03-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Your boss sounds horrible. some people are so inconsiderate of other peoples suffering. i hope you can find a way to unwind at the end of each day and go to work the next day refreshed. stay strong sweety

kbuzz1
03-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Bad leadership. The second you start getting reprimanded in front of other people, it's a sign that your boss does not know how to manage people. And then your boss isn't doing enough to bring in the clients, yet it's your fault for not making your sales goals. That's awful. The best time to look for a job is when you already have one. I think it's time for you to start looking.

Nicolette
03-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Bad leadership. The second you start getting reprimanded in front of other people, it's a sign that your boss does not know how to manage people. And then your boss isn't doing enough to bring in the clients, yet it's your fault for not making your sales goals. That's awful. The best time to look for a job is when you already have one. I think it's time for you to start looking.

I have to totally agree with this. her management skills seem unbelievably bad. Good luck in finding something more appropriate if you choose to look.

becki
03-04-2013, 06:11 PM
100% unprofessional of it to be negative towards you in front of anyone else. If I were you I would bring it up with upper management if there is anything. You do realize she's using you as her scapegoat?

weary
03-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Thank you all for your support this is not the first time this has happened and I have gone to upper management with it and nothing seems to be happening so I have started my new search for a new place in fact one of the other women I work is going through something similar and she is also looking to get out. I am be disappointed but this week I only have to work 2 days so I will use it to my advantage.

I can't thank you all enough for all the support you guys have given me it has helped me so much get through that horrible moment. In the end this will to make me stronger because I didn't show emotion or weakness in front of her but continued my job and waited to I was far away from anyone I worked with before I cried so she does not know it got to me.

kdubg
03-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Thank you all for your support this is not the first time this has happened and I have gone to upper management with it and nothing seems to be happening so I have started my new search for a new place in fact one of the other women I work is going through something similar and she is also looking to get out. I am be disappointed but this week I only have to work 2 days so I will use it to my advantage.

I can't thank you all enough for all the support you guys have given me it has helped me so much get through that horrible moment. In the end this will to make me stronger because I didn't show emotion or weakness in front of her but continued my job and waited to I was far away from anyone I worked with before I cried so she does not know it got to me.

Your no failure in any way shape or form. In fact, since I am currently getting my MBA, your "boss" needs to take an organizational behavior class because you should NEVER criticize in front of customers. Your doing your best, and they're just gonna have to deal with it. Your only reacting anxiously because of all the pressure that has built up throughout the day. Play a game, or listen to some meditation music . (I like to listen to Bon iver when I go to sleep)