PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else here "migrate" their fears as the days pass?

FordingTheWaters
03-02-2013, 10:04 PM
What I mean by that is, If I don't feel like a certain thing is wrong with me, my mind will simply shift the anxiety to something else. I.e., if I don't worry about it being physical, I'll worry about it being mental, etc. It gets to the point where each of the fears I have cannot all be true at once.

Then I'll end up asking myself,

"So which one is it, because yesterday, you thought you had X, now you think you have Y."

It seems, every day I'm worried I have something else, and as the worries switch, the previous worry is less concerning...until I worry about it again.

Am I losing it? =/

I wish I could just stop constantly thinking I'm in some kind of danger. Even when I feel less anxious and happy I catch myself and start questioning why.

mellymel
03-02-2013, 10:43 PM
This happens to me too

omoplata
03-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Over the years my anxiety symptoms have run the gamut. At one time or another I was sure that I had heart failure, kidney failure, liver failure, chemical imbalance and oral cancer. All the while battling depression. I spent so much time between going to the doctors office and googling my symptoms, I got burned out and just stopped. I lost interest in googling symptoms.

Cara1989
03-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Everyday its either something new or something old to worry about my mind never stops

anxiousmess
03-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Oh Cara. I know how you feel. Iam exactly the same. Although mine has calmed a bit.

I call them 'spikes'. I can get one fine one week and then something will trigger my anxiety. Mostly it affects my health anxiety and I haveall kinds of illnesses. Iike you are describing.

I then start thinking i must be making it up as my illnesses switch so quickly.
The amazing thing is, are the feelings I get.
I am sure I can bring on symptoms.

Dont worry about it.
It is normal for anxiety sufferers.
Just dont feed your anxiety by googling