PDA

View Full Version : Ocd neglect of looking after yourself and your hygiene.It has a name.

Denv12
03-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Hi.

Yesterday I discovered that the version of ocd thats been affecting me over the past 6 years has a name.Its all about how ocd stops you looking after your daily grooming and hygiene needs.Its called Functional Impairment.Here are the things it stops you doing:
gertting a haircut/trim
trimming your finger nails and toe nails
shaving
showering
trimming facial hair
wearing clean clothes
wearing new clothes
brushing your teeth
In fact anything you normally do to look after your personal grooming and hygiene this version stops you doing it.I used to look like a caveman and I looked so ill.I'm making great progress especially over the last 10 months.I couldnt put up with this disorder.It had to go.I'm almost cured of it now.

I want to find others who have this form of ocd so I can offer them specific help.If you have these problems or know someone who does please let them know it has a name and I'm offering support.

Thanks.

Chris.

laurandisorder
03-02-2013, 05:25 PM
I think my partner has some aspects if this, he is very hygienic when it comes to showering and keeping his body clean, but he wears the same clothes for a week (different underpants) and I literally have to buy him new clothes. I can't remember the last time he bought himself anything to wear.

He also wears all of his clothes until they fall apart. He won't let me throw anything away unless I can get him an item of clothing that is almost identical to the thrashed item.

I don't think he has full on OCD, but he is very obsessive when it comes to certain things. I know he could relate to this.

Denv12
03-02-2013, 05:48 PM
I think my partner has some aspects if this, he is very hygienic when it comes to showering and keeping his body clean, but he wears the same clothes for a week (different underpants) and I literally have to buy him new clothes. I can't remember the last time he bought himself anything to wear.

He also wears all of his clothes until they fall apart. He won't let me throw anything away unless I can get him an item of clothing that is almost identical to the thrashed item.

I don't think he has full on OCD, but he is very obsessive when it comes to certain things. I know he could relate to this.

Hi.Its nice to meet another Australian.I'm an Adelaide guy.

It sounds similar to what I have been going.There are similarities there.I started a yahoo group to help people with this.I could never get around a problem with an identical item.That would have been easier.I think there are so many variations of ocd.People might have it in a mild form with others have it in a severe form.I have only heard of 3 others now.You are welcome to send a private message if you want.

Chris.