PDA

View Full Version : Shingles!

janey
03-02-2013, 12:43 PM
I am 20 years old and I'm suffering from shingles because of my anxiety. Isn't that nuts?
Has anyone else had a shingles outbreak because of anxiety?

My doctor said she hasn't seen shingles on a young person in quite some time. She then prescribed me Ativan and Zoloft after asking me about anxiety/depression.
I'm going to start Zoloft once I finish out my medication for shingles.

I had anxiety about my outbreak of Shingles (Zoster) thinking it was Herpes Simplex...an STD. I freaked out so bad that I had a panic attack even though there was zero possibility it was that. I basically convinced myself I had it. Crazy, crazy.

It's amazing what anxiety can do to your body.

weary
03-02-2013, 01:31 PM
I have heard that stress can trigger the shingles virus to attack my sister had a miscarriage and just after that she developed the shingles it was really weird but her dr did say stress seemed to be the number 1 trigger as for the meds you received I take 50 mg of Zoloft and it has helped with my anxiety but that is all they have me on they started me at 25 mg in may 2012 and just upped it to 50 mg in February I had some fatigue and dry mouth an everything kinda had a metallic taste for the first few weeks but I pushed through it so stay strong and try to find some meditation sites I use these before bed to get my brain to turn off ya know so I can relax