PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or Depression?

simmies1
03-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post so be gentle!

I guess I am posting this to get some honest feedback as to my state of mind. Let me state from the outset that I hold down a job and many people would consider me to be the 'least likely person' to have issues. The truth I fear is very different!

Pre-1997 I was totally fine but something was to happen that would change everything. The sad thing tis 'something' was totally unrelated to me but for whatever reason made an indelible mark in my life. In a nutshell there was a barfight in my local town resulting in a death. Both the person killed and convicted we're people my family knew and I couldntet head around all the lives that we're destroyed that evening. This has lead to a low level anxiety that follows me wherever I go. Ironically when I am on my own it is less as I think 'If someone stabs me then its just me'. Whereas if I am out with my wife and kids I am constantly thinking 'is this man going to try to stab or rob us?'

As the years go and I become more internet savvy I can see that perhaps I have a condition and I am not just a 'bag of nerves'?

mglover92
03-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post so be gentle!

I guess I am posting this to get some honest feedback as to my state of mind. Let me state from the outset that I hold down a job and many people would consider me to be the 'least likely person' to have issues. The truth I fear is very different!

Pre-1997 I was totally fine but something was to happen that would change everything. The sad thing tis 'something' was totally unrelated to me but for whatever reason made an indelible mark in my life. In a nutshell there was a barfight in my local town resulting in a death. Both the person killed and convicted we're people my family knew and I couldntet head around all the lives that we're destroyed that evening. This has lead to a low level anxiety that follows me wherever I go. Ironically when I am on my own it is less as I think 'If someone stabs me then its just me'. Whereas if I am out with my wife and kids I am constantly thinking 'is this man going to try to stab or rob us?'

As the years go and I become more internet savvy I can see that perhaps I have a condition and I am not just a 'bag of nerves'?

That is definitely anxiety related. Does not sound like depression to me at all.

trinidiva
03-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Yes, definitely anxiety. Do you have a counselor or therapist? It might be helpful to talk to someone about your worries. They will give you some tips on how to deal with your worry.