PDA

View Full Version : Nexium advice !!!!!

Blessed
03-01-2013, 04:51 PM
I was put on nexium almost 2 years ago due to side effects from other anxiety, heart, depression meds. After gaining over 50 pounds I was determined to find an answer. So I quit nexium and the very next morning was spitting fire! Unbearable heart burn! So I went back on and tried to wean off only to get same result. I changed to Prilosec and took for 14 days as directed. Tried to quit same thing...spitting fire. I have never had heartburn in the past

jamus75
03-02-2013, 11:52 AM
I was put on nexium almost 2 years ago due to side effects from other anxiety, heart, depression meds. After gaining over 50 pounds I was determined to find an answer. So I quit nexium and the very next morning was spitting fire! Unbearable heart burn! So I went back on and tried to wean off only to get same result. I changed to Prilosec and took for 14 days as directed. Tried to quit same thing...spitting fire. I have never had heartburn in the past

I've been on nexium for 4 years then immediately switched to Prilosec after price went up. I love Prilosec. No side effects and I can eat anything I want and no heartburn or acid reflux. It suppresses the amount of acid in your stomach so when u go off of them you get a surge and higher levels. I suggest staying on it if possible. I had terrible acid reflux bf I went on

Blessed
03-02-2013, 08:33 PM
So does this mean we have to stay on this forever? Did u experience any weight gain over the 4 years?

jamus75
03-03-2013, 11:12 PM
No weight gain. And I guess I'll be on it forever. Idk.