PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get pain in Jaws? Anxiety or should I be concerned?

1Goofy1
03-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Just wondering if anyone else gets pain or aches in the jaws?
This is fairly new for me and then someone had to put it in my head that it could signal heart problems.
Why the hell do people do that to those of us with anxiety, sheesh, don't they know I dwell on things enough without that kind of so called help> lol
Any way, if this is something that is common to anxiety I would appreciate the feedback.
I am assuming it is because an advil and a klonopin seem to help when it gets bad.

Thanks in advance!

scared44
03-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Hi I get pain in my jaw when Im highly anxious!! Nothing to worrie about ok.......Take Care. Beverley ;-)

trinidiva
03-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Me too, in fact, I have that now. I also get a dull ache in my left ARM too.

janey
03-01-2013, 04:47 PM
It's from clenching your jaw. You probably do this without noticing it. When people are anxious, they hold their teeth tightly like an angry person.
Look in the mirror and do this: Keep your mouth closed and observe your cheek. Now open your teeth (still keeping your lips shut) and then clench them tight. See how that muscle pokes out? Feel it with your fingers.
That's a lot of tension, isn't it?

Next time you're anxious, feel for that tension. It's common in people with anxiety.
Just relax your jaw. It's from something as simple as that, not heart problems.

I hate it when people give their so-called advice, too. They usually say the worst-case-scenario, don't they? I wish they would be more optimistic and say simple things. The mechanics of an anxious mind cannot handle those bad scenarios.

1Goofy1
03-01-2013, 07:32 PM
I had an extremely stressful situation about 3 weeks ago and have just been a mess. Jaws hurt, chest tightens and aches and yes I get the arm thing too. W
A teenage boy I have been caring for for the last year and a half got himself into some trouble in the form of 5 felonies in one shot. I love him like my own and had no idea he was dealing drugs. Quite the little actor I guess. Now he is with his mother again and she is blaming me for the entire thing. She says that if he had not been living with "savages" this would not have happened. LOL She knows I am part Native American and thinks we are some kind of Peyote smoking, evil spirit freaks.

Funny how anxiety always seems to have a delayed reaction. When all the fuss was going on I was fine, once things quieted down and got back to normal it just nailed me. Anyone else get the delayed reaction thing? My Dr. says it is common.