PDA

View Full Version : First Night of Sleep after 8 day bout of insomnia, is the way I'm feeling normal?

FordingTheWaters
02-26-2013, 10:19 PM
Last night, I got my first night's sleep, after 8 days of almost no sleep.

I have to say I spent the whole day far happier and relieved. I went with my sis and nephew to the store in the afternoon because I wanted to get out of the house and everything around me somehow looked more beautiful.

However, I'm feeling VERY fatigued. I got so used to having full body tension from anxiety that without that tension today I literally feel like I'm made of air. I also felt like the whole day I was dreaming. I got up at about 3pm and three hours later noticed that I felt like I had been up for 8. Time seems to be standing still. Sometimes I'll say something, and be like "wait, did I just say that?" two seconds later because it already seems so vague and dreamlike. My girlfriend got annoyed because I kept forgetting to text her and I was like "babe, i'm so out of it right now!"

It's 10:18 where I am and I'm feeling like I can't stay up much longer. I want to wait to 11 and try to establish that as the set time I fall asleep each night.

I keep re-assuring myself that insomnia of that level takes a lot of time to recover from. To top it off I already had bad sleep debt before this bout began.

Has anyone else been through something like this? It would make me feel better if they could share.

nf1234
02-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Yes this has happened to me before! Except the whole 8days of no sleep thing lol. Im glad you finally got some rest but its going to take a little bit of time for your body to recoop. That tiredness and out of it feeling is plenty normal. Just try to listen to your body. Give it as much sleep and naps and rest as it needs. Have you considered taking any medication for sleep? It's amazing what a good nights sleep can do for the body and anxiety.