PDA

View Full Version : Sick and panicky

abbyholmess
02-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Does anyone else get way more anxious when you're sick? I have a terrible cough and cold and keep having panic attacks

bajablue
02-26-2013, 04:17 PM
If I am already in a vulnerable phase with anxiety, then getting sick can exacerbate it.

Hidalgo21
02-26-2013, 04:31 PM
I am sick to :-( but I actually stay.more calm ,only sometimes out breath but I try to calm.down ,I don't want to get worst lol watch a movie or something that motivate you, watch Joyce Meyer videos .

nf1234
02-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Yes for sure. Most anxiety sufferers are always anxious about their health and small symptoms that pop up. Once your truly sick it runs you down even more and tends to make you worry even more. You just have to tell yourself that your just sick and it happens to everyone every year. You have to realize that your not gonna feel your best and just try and take it easy and use it as an excuse to baby yourself lol.

abbyholmess
02-26-2013, 04:42 PM
I don't even have health anxiety!! I know it's just a stupid cold. But my anxiety is suddenly out I control about school and such

nf1234
02-26-2013, 05:49 PM
School sucks. Luckily I am done with it forever. But I realized that for all the time I spent worry about test, assignments, ect. it didn't help anything. All you can really do is try your best and let go. Stress and worry won't get you a better grade. Worst comes to worst you don't pass a class or something of that nature. It is not the end of the world there are much more important things in life to worry about.

abbyholmess
02-26-2013, 10:15 PM
I'll try to keep that in mind. Thank you!