PDA

View Full Version : Pray to ends quickly

weary
02-26-2013, 11:35 AM
After a very rough night last night still feeling the affects of a panic attack I have to go into work but am finding it hard to get motivated to so fearing I will collapse at work .... Pray for me today so I can get back home and sleep

nf1234
02-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Just prayed for you. I hope your day gets better!

Hidalgo21
02-26-2013, 12:22 PM
You got thissss God is with you everywhere you go !!!! :-) prayers for you!!!

nf1234
02-26-2013, 01:16 PM
"So be strong and courageous! Don't be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you." -Deuteronomy 31:6

bajablue
02-26-2013, 01:24 PM
"So be strong and courageous! Don't be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you." -Deuteronomy 31:6

I wrote it where I will not forget it. Thank you.

PanicCured
02-26-2013, 07:27 PM
I won't pray for you because there is no need to pray. You will not collapse at work and everything you fear that will happen in your next panic attack won't happen.

Malyn
02-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi Weary,

How are you feeling now. I went to work today but I only made it for 2 hrs. My don had to pick me up because I got dizzy. I don't know if it is from anxiety or from my ear but I been in bed all day . Now I am worrying if I can go to work everytime j walk I get that off balance or very lightheaded feeling

Do you get dizzy feeling when you are at work. How do you manage.

I usually take low dose of xanax like 1/8 of the pill and my lightheaded feeling subside a bit but today it did not help so I don't know if it is from my dry sinus or anxiety. It is hard to since I am feeling lightheaded most of the time

nf1234
02-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Malyn,

If you are having sinus troubles that is probably causing your dizziness. It has happened to me in the past and is nothing to worry about. Sometimes when fluid from your sinuses get into your ear it can cause or sort of vertigo or dizzy feeling. It will go away on its own and is nothing to worry about. Also if you clench or grind your teeth at night or have any TMJ problems this can cause a dizzy sensation.

weary
02-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Malyn - I made it through and yes I get lightheaded and dizziness that is bad but when I was at the dr 2 weeks ago he told me I have virago which is causing my anxiety to become heightened because of the fears I already have the way I try to push through it is I stay close to peeps at work if I am having a bad day I let them know up front and they check on me.
The attack I had last night was so bad I was in a store and sat on a bench and just started shaking uncontrollably I was smart enough to get back to the pharmacy ad the pharmacist came out to check on me I explained started to cry and was very supportive did not call 911 but did call my Scott to see if he could come get me ... I was literally 2 min from home.

I have not had any time alone to let go of last night so this is dragging on and driving me crazy I now take 50 mg of Zoloft and while it has helped with most of my symptoms I still get them out of the blue which drives me crazy like tonight my right arm is all tingly ad freezing cold I know there is nothing wrong with me but now into a panic attack which is causing me to be blurred vision and light headed ness all I can do is sleep it off or at least try to

Malyn
02-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi Weary

I also take .75 mg zoloft started 4 mos ago. I started with 50 mg but I have to upped it coz it didnot do me anything. How long you been taking your zoloft coz sometimes the first 6 weeks the side effect is really bad. I get panic attack everyday. I also get dizzy even now and the tingly arm and leg. It was numb. I used to google it but I know it was from the anxiety coz I had them a lot.

You should ask for xanax to take for the panic. I can't take high dose coz if made me feel more dizzy so j cut the .25 and take as needed at work and it helps.
I know the feeling. One time we were at church and I was really shaking and running out of breath as soon as we got home I took the xanax and felt better. I only take it as needed or when it is really bad. I get anxious still it's been 4 mos . For 3 Mozilla couldn't sleep at all that I have to take a leave of absence from work for 6 weeks. I pray a lot and read the verse about not to worry and don't be afraid to lift it up to The Lord but this anxiety sucks. My office mates know my situation and they Told me why I am anxious. They don't understand our situation that is why it is better to tell someone who experience this symptoms bec they can relate. I am doing relaxation and it help a bit. I work in an office and I sit all day.

FordingTheWaters
02-26-2013, 09:19 PM
After a very rough night last night still feeling the affects of a panic attack I have to go into work but am finding it hard to get motivated to so fearing I will collapse at work .... Pray for me today so I can get back home and sleep

Just prayed for you my friend!

You're going to be ok =), you have people here who care for you and God cares for you.

God Bless

bajablue
02-26-2013, 09:28 PM
I care and others here care about you. You have been strong for us and we will be for you. One day at a time.

weary
02-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Thank you everyone I pushed through and finally have started to settle my husband and I had a very long talk about support that I need so it helps.

Mayln I finally broke down in may of last year and started at 25 mg of Zoloft and just recently had to up the dosage because I felt it was not working becaus elf my weight my doctor will not put me on anything else because I am having a hard time keeping weight on I will be 38 next month and weight only 89 lbs my 5 yr old weighed in at 43 so I am now no longer aloud to life her because I now have a hernia just above y stomach that you can see because I am so thin - while I have not lost any more weir I am not gaining either I either want to sleep all day or everything I eat taste like metal so I don't eat a lot . I to mediate and have started reading some self help books and even started reading the bible again. I had a big fall out with my church 16 yrs ago when I left my first husband because of physical mental and emotional abuse and they would not grant my anallment through the church without paying 2500.00 so I asked when did god put a price on the well being of a woman who was strong enough to walk away from getting beat everyday to save herself so they basically told me not to come back ........ I. Don't go to church but I believe in a higher power or my ex would have won and killed me and I was brave and strong enough to leave I talk to god from my on room and I know he hears me and loves me and even gives me the strength I need to get through the day ....... I just don't have the support I need from others in my life that I gave up so much for .... My stepsons 21 and soon to be 20 my dad will not even discuss my feeling and my sister ... My only support is my mom and my best friend my husband is working on it (slowly but finally understanding)

I would prefer more good days then bad as I know we all do on this forum that is why I am so glad I found this forum everyone has helped me so much and one day I hope that I can in return do the same for someone else

Teddy1212
02-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Hi Weary,

Very sorry to hear about the panic attack, I hope you can start to feel better very soon.

Ted

nf1234
02-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Weary,

So sorry you had a bad experience with the church. Unfortunately there are many churches don't practice what they preach and are a very bad example of what the love of God is all about. I grew up going to a Catholic school and had some very unpleasant experiences and really tainted my view of the Church. I stopped going for years until I stumbled upon an amazing non-denominational church that has since changed my life. I think if you found a really good christian bible based church it could make a huge difference in your life. Unless you live in the state of Florida I can't think of any to recommend. I do however have plenty of online sermons from the church that I attend which I think are great. God can make all the difference in your life and has been crucial throughout this anxiety journey. Going to church and being surrounded by other believers is a great support system to have just like this forum. You would be surprised how many people, "church people", who are suffering with all kinds of things including anxiety. I am lucky to have found a church that doesn't put on the fake smiles and embraces each others struggles and helps each other through the tough times. God does not want this life of anxiety for us and you must have faith that one day it will pass. I have made huge strides in my recovery and I know I will be free one day.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:7

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." - Matthew 11:29