PDA

View Full Version : Fears of the unknown...why?

mglover92
02-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Why do anxiety sufferers fear the unknown? I just cant get some of these fears out of my head even when i know 100% for a fact that they are bull shit trying to scare me. Why do we latch on to certain thoughts and what are some techniques to say or do to NOT latch on to these thoughts? It seems like whenever I get over a thought I latch on 2 something else and the fear cycle keeps going...can someone recommend something for me...PLEASE.

perfectmess
02-25-2013, 07:21 PM
I don't know. Its like we are always thinking of the worst thing. I always say we have anxiety because we have anxiety and it sucks.

timeismoney
02-25-2013, 10:31 PM
I have an anxiety disorder which i use to get frequent panic attacks until the aid of medicinal help. If u arent on any meds u can try speaking to a doctor and see if that helps. And if u havent saught out prayer u may need to try that route. Prayer can help

evettehg
02-28-2013, 08:00 AM
I live like that everyday if its not one thought it's another just repeating itself and im on meds snd I do read my bible and talk to go and journal and joined forums but yet I still get the feelings and the thoughts.I hope to wakeup oneday and it's all go away n I can do normal stuff with my family n don't feel scared.

FordingTheWaters
02-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Why do anxiety sufferers fear the unknown? I just cant get some of these fears out of my head even when i know 100% for a fact that they are bull shit trying to scare me. Why do we latch on to certain thoughts and what are some techniques to say or do to NOT latch on to these thoughts? It seems like whenever I get over a thought I latch on 2 something else and the fear cycle keeps going...can someone recommend something for me...PLEASE.

I'm becoming more and more convinced there is a chemical element to anxiety far greater than the medical community has previously thought. Like an adrenaline problem. I for one, feel like I'm scared so much of the time while I consciously KNOW that I am not in any immediate danger. Yet I have the same feeling a normal person would have if they were about to get hit by a bus.

I think it's time the chemical side to anxiety gets more investigation.

kbuzz1
02-28-2013, 09:45 AM
I've thought long and hard about anxiety and came to that exact conclusion. I'm always nervous. Always. Even if I have nothing to do, nowhere to go, no responsibilities.....I have a nervous pit in my stomach. It has to be chemical.