PDA

View Full Version : Im terrified of the doctors/hospitals :/

longliveswift
02-25-2013, 02:05 PM
im 16 years old, and il spend ages worrying and crying whenever i have a doctors appointment. i dont know why, im just so scared theyll diagnose me with something terrible. like my mum just booked one for tomorrow and i may need a blood test, and im so so scared because they might find something terrible in me. im crying while im writing this i just cant cope anymore. i feel like such an idiot for being scared, and its ruining my life cuz im not only scared of doctors, im scared of anything that could lead to a doctors appointment, like anything that feels slightly wrong with my body i worry and get worked up about. like EVERYTHING that doesnt feel right. im so tired of it and i just want to crawl into a cave and cry for the rest of my life. i cant tell my parents; they just wont understand. sometimes when im terrified before an appointment i will give them a hint that im a little bit nervous (obviously nowhere near as nervous as i actually am) and they just tell me how immature and stupid im being and that i need to grow up. i just feel so hopeless and alone. please help me.

jamus75
02-25-2013, 05:56 PM
It's not uncommon. I'm 38 and my biggest fear is doctor appointments. Lol.

omoplata
02-25-2013, 06:07 PM
I agree that what you feel is not uncommon. Idk why but I stress when taking blood pressure and awaiting blood test results.